We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunns River and Margaritaville

Blue Grass, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Dunns River and Margaritaville

My husband and I are staying at the Riu OR and I read that Dunns River is pretty close to the Riu. Is that the case? We are looking at heading over first thing in the A.M. and don't want to take any tours. We would rather take a taxi and go on our own time. Is this a good idea? Are taxis easy to come by going and coming from Dunns River?

And is Margaritaville close to Dunns River at all?

Any info anyone could give would be appreciated!!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Dunns River and Margaritaville

Taxi's are easy to get . Take only cabs with red tag showing they are licenced and insured. Agree on price before you get in . You should be able to get a very good rate to take you and wait for you . Margaritaville is close to the falls . It is in the big shopping center by the cruise ship terminal .

United States
Level Contributor
202 posts
2. Re: Dunns River and Margaritaville

Hi summatyme,

Dunns is very close. I dont know where Riu is but if you are in(not around) Ocho, it is easily ten minutes to Dunns, and you will go right by Margaritaville on the way. Look for Island Village on Main street and Turtle Road.

Waste away,

Doz

Blue Grass, Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Dunns River and Margaritaville

thanks for the info!!

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4. Re: Dunns River and Margaritaville

We took cab last year from sandals dunns river (right next door to riu or) and it cost us $30 round trip for six people. (posted rate at hotel was $5 per person with $20 minimum). Your cabbie will generally wait for you in the parking lot and pick you up right at the gate at an agreed upon time.

5. Re: Dunns River and Margaritaville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 07:20