We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals question

canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
sandals question

How far is the resort from yhe cruise ships?Thanks

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,654 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: sandals question

To which Sandals are you referring? There are at least 7 that I can think of in Jamaica.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: sandals question

5 minutes from Sandals Ocho Rios or Sandals Dunn's

canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
3. Re: sandals question

Is it safe to catch a cab to Sandals for the day?Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: sandals question

I think so. We met someone at the airport who are regulars in Jamaica. The husband plays golf and instead of calling a taxi, he waits on the side of the road and bargains a price with a local. He says everybody is a taxi in Jamaica. If you are not alone, catch a taxi at the pier. Bargain first. It will probably cost you about $20 US one way. If you get it cheaper, ask that driver to come pick you up at the hotel at a certain time. Be sure to ask the hotel when you arrive if that driver is authorized to enter to come pick you back up.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
5. Re: sandals question

it is safe to use taxis with the "red" plates on them.

bargin your price before getting in to the taxi, and I would say that "half" the original price quote you get will be a good price to pay.

also be aware if your talking US or JA dollars when speaking to your driver.

if you think your being charged too much, say "no thanks", and try a different taxi.

Harry

6. Re: sandals question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:18