We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clives transportation

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Clives transportation

Has anyone ever used Clives Trans. private cabs to go to SGOR or SDR?

Castlewood,VA
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clives transportation

We used them this past July, to go to Riu Ocho Rios. There was no one holding a sign when we got there and had to wait about 10 min. till he showed up. Usually 10 min. wait wouldn't be so bad but there seemed to be 100's of taxi drivers trying to give us a ride. He finally showed up and was very nice. We confirmed our pick up back to the airport. On our depature day we waited 1 1/2 hrs. for him to pick us up. Rushed but got us there.

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clives transportation

I too am looking into using Clives for transfer. The last time I was in Jamaica 2005 we caught a cab with Fletcher. I was hoping he was still around, great guy and gave us a phone number (which we've lost) to call him the day before pick up and of course he was right on time.

Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clives transportation

Is it really a lot better taking a taxi from the airport to SOGR? We're scheduled to arrive in February but not sure whether it's worth the extra cost - do you really get there any faster?

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clives transportation

I called and spoke to Clive yesterday, The cost to go from the airport to SGOR is $80.00 for 2 people in your own private Taxi, he said the travel time is about 1 3/4 hours. The only reason we are considering this is because the last time we had to wait over an hour and a half (ON THE BUS) before we left the airport to go to our Resort.

Saratoga NY
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clives transportation

Still wondering? has anyone in the recent weeks used this service form the Airport to SGOR?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clives transportation

I think it was Fletcher we had too when we went to Negril, and he was really nice. It was already dark by the time we started on our way out, or almost..but he slowed down to show us the hip strip, made a nice halfway stop where we found this one of a kind dolphin souvenir, and drank some frosty cold red stripes for me and tings for the girls. And even tho it was dark, it was fun passing through SAV La Mar and seeing how busy it was..my daughter was very impressed with the way the gals were dressed and admired their fashion sense, and it brought out the shopper in her..she was ready to go then, lol! When we got to Seastar, he asked if we needed a phone, but we said no thanks since Seastar provides our phones, and said give him a call. I didn't need him for a tour since had arranged one with TOTT, but he was a very nice gentleman, and on the way back, we had a fun time talking about what we had done the week, and we stopped on the way back one more time to just look out on this lovely beach view. There was only one other lady with us on the trip there and back, and for the life of me I can't remember her name, just that she stayed at Coral Seas Garden, and was going to stay two weeks instead of one, but things weren't working out for her and her man.

Anyway, in my own rambling way, I highly recommend Clives, and will be using them when I go again, lol. :-)

7. Re: Clives transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 11:21