We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs in Ocho Rios?

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
ATMs in Ocho Rios?

Hello- does anyone know which Jamaican banks ATMs will accept U.K. debit cards to withdraw cash please?

5 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,755 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: ATMs in Ocho Rios?

ScotiaBank has the largest ATM network in Jamaica. They can be accessed with cards from banks associated with the Multilink, Cirrus, and Global ATM Alliance networks. Cards from Woolwich and Barclays should work fine at Scotiabank ATM's and probably from UK other banks. You need to ask your bank in the UK if their cards are usable on the three networks listed. Scotiabank has several ATM's in Ocho Rios as well as a full service branch.

Compared to the UK there are many fewer ATM's in Jamaica. They often are out of order and often run out of money. Never count on an ATM for cash. Attempt to pre-pay as much of your expenses as possible and/or charge expenses to your hotel room and pay with a credit or debit card as you depart your hotel.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: ATMs in Ocho Rios?

Ok thank you !

Newcastle upon...
1 post
3. Re: ATMs in Ocho Rios?

All Ochi ATMs use cards issued in UK ...I lived there for a year with no problems at all. BUT always secure the lock when you are inside the cubicle. Opportunist thieves may be watching from the queue behind.

Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: ATMs in Ocho Rios?

I’m from the US and I’ve used the ATM’s in Ocho Rios a lot. (Theres one right in Island Village I use the most). The only problems I’ve had was when my bank blocked my card because I didn’t let them know I was traveling in advance.

Edited: 29 September 2018, 18:13
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: ATMs in Ocho Rios?

It's doesn't really matter which UK bank you use (oh and the Woolwich doesn't exist anymore lol). It's the card network, ie Visa, which usually dictates where you can use it. The majority of our UK bank cards are Visa or Mastercard. As long as the ATM accepts the network, then you can use it.

Advise your bank before you travel that you're going to JA and the dates, that will avoid your card being stopped with a fraud prevention alert.

Reply to: ATMs in Ocho Rios?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations