We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
D G
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

We can't decide if we should go to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall or Secrets Wild Orchid on our honeymoon...we are 40 and like a mix of fun and adventure and peace and quiet..service/cleanliness/food/beach/sunsets are key....please help! THANKS!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
209 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

We loved Secrets. See me review below. We also had a great time at Couples CSA in Negril.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d160…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147313-d147…

Below is my debate between Secrets and CSA for my trip this coming June for your information. Also I'm 41 and my wife is 39.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k59913…

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

Iberostar Grand & Secrets are both really nice resorts. The first time my boyfriend and I went to Jamaica we stayed at Iberostar Grand- this resort has supreme service, food & alchohol choices. Iberostar Grand is also very clean. This resort had some fun elements- the staff is wonderful, the club was more fun here than at Secrets, and they had piano bar entertainment which Secrets didn't have. There were shows too (Secrets has shows as well). Reservations are required for dinner at Iberostar, which I actually liked because it meant we never had to wait for a table- where at Secrets we had to wait for a table a couple times. The reservation thing doesn't bother me because I tend to eat at the same time every night, and I felt they weren't strict about being right on time (of course within a 10 minute span though). For Secrets, we stayed at St. James (but both are pretty much the same thing since you can use both properties)- this resort was more lively in a good way. I liked the "crowd" better (I'm mid 20s while my boyfriend is 30, which could be part of the reason I was more drawn to this crowd) and I liked the beach at Secrets much more. The setting was more beautiful at Secrets as well- the location of the resort, and more restaurants had outside seating at Secrets than Iberostar. The spa was also nicer at Secrets, but it is an expensive fee ($60 or free with treatment- we had a massage, where it is free at Iberostar). Both resorts are really nice and you can't go wrong with either, it just depends what you want more. If you want better service, better food, and talented piano bar entertainment then go with Iberostar Grand. If you want a better location scenery wise, no reservation required for dinner, better beach, and a more lively crowd (I don't feel it was a crazy scene in any way though) then go with Secrets.

Midlothian, IL
Level Contributor
393 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

I have not stayed at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, but we just returned from Secrets St. James in December with some friends and we had a BLAST!!!! Tons of night time entertainment an Secrets Wild Orchid side does have a happening piano bar that goes until midnight. They also had a live bad each evening outside in the courtyard with dancing and a disco. We found plenty to keep us busy and lots of ala carte restaurants and outdoor dining, which we liked. Also read my trip review.

Have a great time!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

The piano bar was a lot of fun at Secrets, however, it was different than Iberostar Grand. Iberostar had local artists playing at the piano bar, which were very talented. At Secrets, it was more touristy at the piano bar in playing popular songs= not much talent, but a lot of fun. Both are good, just depends on what you are looking for.

D G
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We are leaning towards Secrets but still not 100% sure, so please keep the comments coming we really appreciate it!!!

Edited: 02 January 2013, 17:58
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall OR Secrets Wild Orchid??? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:17