We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best time to book?

We are planning a trip to Jamaica over the Christmas/New Years time frame. This will be our first trip to Jamaica- Negril area- and I was wondering when the best time to book would be? Are the better deals earlier in the summer or later in the fall. I seem to remember some of the best deals around the end of July when I was just browsing last year. We are looking at some of the adult only resorts such as Couples or Sandals. Any thoughts?

Purcellville...
Level Contributor
309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book?

We just booked on Friday for New Years in Jamaica. :)We were hard pressed to find a room.Thankfully Jamaicasteve was able to help us out.My advise would be to book now,as there may not be any accomadations if you wait. Peace SYOTR

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book?

You mean some of the resorts are already filled? Our problem is that flights aren't scheduled yet.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book?

I had booked my trip way back at the end of Jan. 08 and staying at Sandals Montego Bay and probably the same time frame as you are...I paid $4200 total, w/ a butler suite, including airfare from philly to montego bay(direct flight), from 12/21-12/26. Many have posted and think that I got a good deal on it.

I have been checking price almost every week since Feb.on Sandals website just to see if if there are any promotions posted between each Sandals resort..If I find a better price w/ the same category of room, I can alway change from one Sandals to the other...so far, price has been the same for the resort and the date that I have.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book?

Christmas/New Years is the busiest and most expensive (by a LONG shot) time of the year.

There will be no "deals" then. Most hotels increase rates well above their normal "high season" rates during that time.

I have paid more than double the price in that time of the year than what it would cost to travel just a couple of weeks later.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
425 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book?

OK.. so what is the best time to book? I have a trip i have planned for July. I plan to return with my 2 sons and would like to know what are the cheapest months...

Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to book?

The best time to book is when you have the money.

There are no magic times to book, despite what people think.

check multiple sources every day, multiple times per day until you find something that suits you price-wise and flight-wise.

And after you book, do not go back and check and see if the price changed.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to book?

The cheapest time to travel is late April through early December. That is the low season.

Everythin outside of that is the high season.

When to book for the best price is purely a crapshoot. There is no method to the madness.

I have received great deals booking well in advance and I have received great deals booking within a month of traveling.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to book?

Off-season is the least expensive time to book. Mid-April to mid-Dec. Check out negrilonestop.com and the links they provide to their other web sites for the different destinations in Jamaica.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to book?

Obvioulsy off-season is the best time to book but I can only go at Christmas b/c of my job. My question still is: Do you book as early as you can or wait until later?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to book?

stressed,

Like you, I can only travel on the week of x-mas due to the fact that both of us have our own business, and that's the slow season for my husband...

Like easton says, the best time is when you have the money!! and also keep checking the price everyday..it's a hit or miss...good luck w/ the booking!! I hope you get a better deal than I did...keep in mind tho, I have try to check for a 4 day weekend for the week of July 4th for Sandals and most of the lower and middle room category were booked already...so do it as soon as possible..don't wait too long..don't know about Couples.