We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer School in Guadeloupe

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Summer School in Guadeloupe

My daughter wants to join the summer course arranged by by an organization called Vision which will hold a summer camp in Guadeloupe in July because it is French spoken and all the participants have to do the community work for this city. I have no knowledge about this place and want to know if a 17 years girl is safe to go there by herself from London.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,045 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Summer School in Guadeloupe

Hi there,

Can't comment on the Vision camps. Can comment on Gua. It's as safe or unsafe as any other relatively poor Caribbean island. Some level of petty crime yes but with good countermeasures (e.g. not walking alone in dark back alleys at night) should be quite okay even at her age. We felt quite safe there even after dark.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Summer School in Guadeloupe

Thank you for your information. I will try to obtain more information from the organization.

Guadeloupe
2 posts
3. Re: Summer School in Guadeloupe

Hello,

Guadeloupe is a French oversea department. We are French citizens. The rules are the French ones. It's as safe or unsafe as any part of London. With some common sense your daughter will feel safe. Feel free to ask for more information.

Regards,

The_concierge971

4. Re: Summer School in Guadeloupe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:41