We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need place to stay in March--need help!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Need place to stay in March--need help!

Need some help!!

Headed to Guadeloupe on Sunday March 11th through Saturday March 17th.

We need recommendations on place to stay.

2 Adults, 2 children 16 and 12

We like quiet, nice but rustic, on or near swimmable beach, pool, restaurant on site.

we like being in a quieter spot with restaurants nearby.

please make any recommendations as to area or place.

Thank you!!!

4 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
931 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Need place to stay in March--need help!

Do you want a full-service hotel or something more self-service with a kitchen, etc? Hotel room or cabin/bungalow?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Need place to stay in March--need help!

smaller hotel-villa property with pool and restaurant; breakfast included if possible;

need 2 bedrooms;

walking distance to beach with calm water;

not remote but not crowded either

thanks so much!! I like looks of Deshaia but do want calm waters

Boston
Level Contributor
455 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Need place to stay in March--need help!

I have no idea what is full or not, but consider the spots up above Plage Leroux just south of the town of Ferry in the general area of Deshaies. Plage Leroux is noticeably calmer than the other beaches in the Deshaies area.

Langley Fort Royal Resort, just north of Deshaies, is much bigger than you are asking for, but it doesn't feel congested or overwhelmed by its size. Your kids are much more likely to bump into some potential buddies there than in a smaller hotel or separate rental and 50-50 they will be English speakers compared to only a 10% chance on the rest of the island. OK... I just checked Langley for your dates and they have space, which I would seriously consider, and then you can let the kids just roam when ever Mom and Dad just want some down time.

Or at the other end of things, we liked Chez Honore east of St Francois on Anse Gourde beach. It is a cluster of small cottages around a central pool and next to a restaurant and across the dirt road from the beach. It is very simple, but nice. Any of the other St Francois-St Anne area beaches are perfectly calm for swimming.

My least favorite, but I mention them anyway, are the big hotels in Gosier. The hotel beaches are calm, but man-made and we find them to be not as nice. They can feel packed with French tourists so be ready for the cultural experience. But on the plus side, Gosier is centrally located so you can drive anywhere in about an hour or less and check off various locations one by one. Anogther advantage is they are big so availability can be better.

For a first time visitor, I always recommend a few days on each side of Guadeloupe so you can get a feel for the whole place and either way, plan on doing a bit of driving every day to get around and explore. Plus, for the smaller places your more likely to find a couple of days here and there rather than a block of 6 nights open for two rooms.

Actually, as I type that in, I'm thinking it would take a cancellation to find a small hotel walking distance to the beach with two rooms for a full week at this late date in the peak season. But by breaking things up into 2-3 night stays maybe you can cobble something together.

Bon Chance!

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Need place to stay in March--need help!

If it's available book a cottage at Le Jardin Malanga

Reply to: Need place to stay in March--need help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted