We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions for those that have already visited sandals

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
questions for those that have already visited sandals

Hi,a few questions on the resort:

Can men wear shorts in the evenings in the bar

do all rooms have an iron/board

is there a safe in all rooms

what is the best currency to take

what time do the bars close in the evening

is there somewhere to eat late in the evening ie after midnight

these are some of the normal questions asked at any resort so best get them out of the way early lol,

thanks

Mags

East Aurora, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

I haven't been to laSource (going jan 28th) but I've been to a few other sandals. Yes you can most definitely wear shorts. The only places that might require pants would be the restaurants that require reservations. From other forums I'd take Eastern Caribbean dollars, we are exchanging from USA to EC before our trip, and bringing some us as well. Restaurants close at 10 and the site states the sushi bar would be open later but another reviewer said that it closed at ten (that might just be b/c of newly opening). If you did not book a club/concierge room you won't get room service so unfortunately there is no other food option. At past resorts I've noticed the bar closes with the feel of the people, if people are around and having a good time they tend to stay open and if it's dull midnight is a norm (this was the case in all that sandals we've been to). I'll post more when I stay at the end of the month :)

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
East Aurora, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

I haven't been to laSource (going jan 28th) but I've been to a few other sandals. Safes and ironing boards are standard. Yes you can most definitely wear shorts. The only places that might require pants would be the restaurants that require reservations. From other forums I'd take Eastern Caribbean dollars, we are exchanging from USA to EC before our trip, and bringing some us as well. Restaurants close at 10 and the site states the sushi bar would be open later but another reviewer said that it closed at ten (that might just be b/c of newly opening). If you did not book a club/concierge room you won't get room service so unfortunately there is no other food option. At past resorts I've noticed the bar closes with the feel of the people, if people are around and having a good time they tend to stay open and if it's dull midnight is a norm (this was the case in all that sandals we've been to). I'll post more when I stay at the end of the month :)

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

We are here right now and I think the lobby bar closes at 2am and Spices restaurant has late night dining till 2am. Men are wearing shorts to the bar and to some of the restaurants. We have heard only Butchs and Kimonos men have to wear pants and shoes. There is an iron and ironing board in the closet as we'll as a digital locking safe and blow dryer. We brought EC and USD and so far have only used our US, I would only bring US. The other day we took a taxi into St. George's and the driver was paid in US and everything in the stores was priced in US or EC. The rate on Wednesday in town was 2.7EC to 1US.

Mentioned in this post
coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

Thanks for the replies,however can anybody tell me if all the rooms have a fridge in them with at least soft drinks/water.We are booked into a South seas premium room with a verander and tranquiity soaking tub.

Thanks

East Aurora, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

With other sandals all categories did, I would imagine this resort would do the same

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

We are in a Pink Gin room and we have a fridge with coke, diet coke water, and variety of juices.

7. Re: questions for those that have already visited sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. George's
Recent Conversations
;