We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there room safes at the Rex?

canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Are there room safes at the Rex?

And if not, have there been any problems with thefts? How does one protect their valuables?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,614 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

The last time we were at the Rex, yes we had a safe in our room. We were in a beachfront. ccording to the Rex website all the room categories have safes. Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

hillside rooms do not have safes - I believe they will keep some valuables at the front desk for you. For us, it wasn't ideal, but our room was fine and I have not heard or read of any thefts on the property. Security patrols regaularly through the day and night.

canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

Thx bergerman and gbbear65; Did you have your own code for the safes at the front desk? (We previously had money stolen from a front desk safe in a another country). Do you know if the oceanview rooms have safes?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

Oceanview rooms have safes. We didn't use the front desk safe as we only carried a couple hundred in cash, which I stashed in our room in a secret compartment in our luggage. Scotiabank has a branch en route to Grand Anse where we got cash from the ATM when we needed it.

Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

I have been to the Rex over 30 times, somtimes there will be a safe in your room sometimes not, if you ask for one and they have one they will put one on your room. We have never had problem with any one taking our things.

John in NY

canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

Thanks for your replies moehoward and gdbear65; sounds like this is a great resort! Did you take any snorkelling trips? or just snorkel off the beach?

Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

Off the beach is one of the best spots on the island, I love it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

I snorkeled the Statue Garden off Moliniere Pt and the reef at Flamingo Bay - definitely worth checking out but you can only get to the Statue Garden by boat. As mentioned by moehoward there is some snorkeling off the beach but you have to swim out a bit.

canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

Thx again- we're coming in january- i'm a good swimmer so hoping the waves aren't too choppy then for snorkelling off the beach, but interested in the Statue garden, and Flamingo bay too - did you book a trip to the latter, or rent a car? is it just as wavy there as magazine beach? Is the clarity better?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there room safes at the Rex?

I booked it through ScubaTech - there are plenty of tours that will take you there. Water clarity is not usually an issue unless it has just finished raining and the Caribbean is usually pretty calm.

Get answers to your questions about St. George's
Recent Conversations