We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
166 reviews
The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

450 thousand tourists on 213 vessels will arrive in Grenada this season.

Here is the link to the updated timetable

nowgrenada.com/2016/…prettyPhoto

There are 7 inaugural calls:

Norwegian Gem – 1 Nov. 2016

Mein Schiff 5 – 26 Nov. 2016

Seven Seas Explorer – 10 Dec. 2016

Rotterdam – 28 Dec. 2016

Carnival Pride – 9 Jan. 2017

Sojourn – 22 Jan. 2017

Crystal Serenity – 4 Apr. 2017

Colorado
Level Contributor
964 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

Wow. I'm glad there weren't any while we were there in June!

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

It all kicks off next week, with vengeance on Wednesday...

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

As a cruise ship passenger soon on my third stop at this beautiful island, I should think we would be welcomed with open arms. I do hate the disdain that hotel guests have for the cruise ship passengers. Without the spending of 450,000 passengers and the fees the cruiselines pay to the island's government, I think the island might be a less pleasant place to visit.

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
166 reviews
4. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

You are of course welcome, and i cant comment on how hotel customers might react, but fiscally you may overestimate your value, the cruise lines pay less than 2 dollars per passenger that gets off the boat, the average spend per passenger getting off the boat is 40 dollars, the environmental impact is significant. To put it in perspective, one high end hotel room is often worth more to the island than an entire cruise ship for the season. Sure, some taxi drivers and bar owners make some money. Carnival a few years back stopped visiting some islands when those islands asked for 4 dollars per passenger.

Maine
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

Bob, where did you get the info that "the average spend per passenger getting off the boat is 40 dollars?"

Maine
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

Bob, where did you get the info that "the average spend per passenger getting off the boat is 40 dollars?"

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
166 reviews
7. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

Pm'd you.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

As a hotel guest we plan our days out based on the cruise ships. If there are any in we avoid the town or popular attractions like the plague. I visited Grand Anne beach Thursday when there were 2 ships in... it was overcrowded and packed. Visited the next day with no ships and it was deserted, apart from a party of students celebrating their last exams.

Prices rocket when a ship is in dock, so no, I don't like them.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 post
9. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

We plan our trips around ships in Port. Cruise ship Comandos generally don't spend much money and are generally in the way. Yes they bring in "Some" income but If the newspaper lists ships in port, we stay home, A resident described them as animals.

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
166 reviews
10. Re: The 2016-2017 cruise arrivals timetable

It is interesting to watch the national traits of the various countries :-). There isnt any real problem, its just that with so many sheep visiting the popular attractions, its better to plan visits on another day.