We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigar Factory

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Cigar Factory

where in relation to the rui palace is the cigar factory? My husband's sole reason for going to DR is for cigars - and does anyone know the restrictions on bringing cigars back to the US?

Thanks!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigar Factory

USA

$800 exemption, which includes not more than 200 cigarettes and 100 cigars:

check out http://www.domenicocigars.com/

about 15 minutes by cab to factory..excellent cigars...not cheapies

watch them be made...and if you call, they will pick you up anf give you a tour tell them hlywud sent you so I can get a commission

LMAO not really I know the onwer and he has a great product and is a great guy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigar Factory

Hope this helps

Tobacco -- Your $400 duty-free exemption may include up to 200 cigarettes and up to 100 cigars -- more than that and you'll have to pay duty on them, even if you haven't gone over your total exemption. (You may also have to pay state or local taxes on tobacco products.)

New federal laws say that you may not bring back cigarettes that you purchased in another country if they were manufactured in the United States for export purposes. That definition includes most cigarettes you would find sold in stores; an exception (a rare one) might be cigarettes someone purchased in the United States, took to another country and tried to sell, Mann says. You'll know the difference because cigarettes made for export purposes don't generally bear the Surgeon General's Warning label or tobacco seal; cigarettes purchased in the U.S. must have these stamps. (Read more about these new laws.)

Tobacco products made in Cuba are prohibited unless you bought them (for $100 or less and for personal use only) in Cuba on an authorized trip and traveled directly back to the U.S.. (Because of the U.S. embargo of Cuba, all Cuban products are strictly regulated or prohibited.) CBP officials say that if you buy or sell any Cuban cigars (no matter where you got them) within the U.S., you're dealing with an illegal substance and are liable for fines and imprisonment. In addition, we are not allowed not bring Cuban cigars purchased in any other country back into the United States.

Terry

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigar Factory

Thank you! My husband is excited about bringing 100 cigars back! Is that 100 for each of us? He'll surely want me to help out!

How good are the cigars sold on the beach?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigar Factory

Here is a great cigar factory for you to visit.

Get a taxi from your resort. they also offer tours from some resorts.

Don Lucas Cigars:

If you love cigars this is the spot for you!! This center will offer the purest cigars the Dominican Republic has to offer and to prove their reputation they will gladly make them right in front of you. You can check the different types of cigars when you have a walk around the conventional factory.

Terry

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigar Factory

Just had over 20 guests come back from Don lucas with very favourable comments! If you need info...just email me and I will give you more details!

Cheers

Majestic Mike

( live from another sun filled day in Punta Cana....)

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigar Factory

Hi, Is the Con Lucas factory in Punta Caba, if not how far is it from there? Thanks a lot!

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigar Factory

Hi, Is the Con Lucas factory in Punta Caba, if not how far is it from there? Thanks a lot!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigar Factory

tobacco duty free exemtions can be found here

travelcentre.iata.org/index.php…

seems to be a discrepancy between 2 of us

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigar Factory

[url]http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/duty_free.xml[/url]

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigar Factory

Thanks, all! The cigar factory tour will be the highlight of my husbands vacation (besides the topless sunbathers, that is! )