We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

GTA
Level Contributor
45 posts
65 reviews
Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

My wife and I are looking at the following side excursions

- Tropical Storm

- 1/2 day to La Romana & Altos

- Whale Watching

Can anyone advise on where to book these excursions? I haven't been able to find anything on the whale watching as yet.

BTW, as most of you are aware, Majestic Mike is a fountain of information and has been extremely helpful. Thanks again Mike

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

ajax,

I stayed at the Majestic and know you can book your excursions once you get there. I however did not hear of the excursions you are looking for...Mike will jump in here and staighten everything out...:)

GTA
Level Contributor
45 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

oneofthree

Thanks for the feedback

Thoughts on the Majestic? Any hints or tips? We're going there on February 17

3. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2007, 11:37
Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

ajax,

Wow, can't imagine what the post above said, but my thoughts on the Majestic.....(at risk of being one of those posters who thought everything was perfect)...it pretty much was and we are going back in June (can't wait)! Tips....eat at the Japanese restaurant, eat at the Steakhouse (order the Chateaubriand), drink Presidente', try the Mammajuana (not for everyone, but I liked it), tip Ernesto at the pool bar (he's the best hardest working bartender ever), learn the taki taki, swim to the right of the roped off area (there is some coral to the left), catch the Michael Jackson show (Sunday at 10), listen to the sax player after dinner (in front of the lobby by the pool)...other than that, just go with the flow and you will have a great time!!! SALUD!!!

GTA
Level Contributor
45 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

Oneofthree

Thanks for the great descriptive reply...can almost picture myself at the swim up bar. "Dos cerveza (sp?) por favor". Seriously, some great tips, which I will remember.

The removed post came from one of the "local experts" who provided a link to a tour operator in the region who might have had information on whale watching (a hot item at the time of year we're going). Apparently, url's run afoul of the rules.

Salud to you to.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

You're welcome, and have a great time. Just check into the whale watching when you get there. That's basically how they usually book the tours anyway.

7. Re: Excursions Leaving From The Majestic? (WHALE WATCHING?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 17:16