We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
14 posts
Save Topic
Breathless

Ok, I was planning a vacation to breathless with my husband and parents. Can someone tell me is this a resort like Desires, or Hedonism?? If it is I don't think this would be the place for us.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathless

No, it's not like Desires or Hedonism. It's advertised as adult only, but not so couples oriented as other adult only resorts in Punta Cana. They say it will be more lively and sexy in terms of entertainment. It is not intended to be a swingers resort or a place where people are walking around naked and having sex everywhere. Think Secrets or Excellence but less geared toward couples. That's the impression I get.

Mark

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathless

Definitely not anything like that. We are booked for December and wouldn't be going if it was.

The website has a lot of information. It is described exactly how Mheath states of an adults only geared not only to couples and will have more social environment with lively entertainment.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathless

Going Feb and definitely would NOT be going if it were like that. I am thinking loungey and swanky. Hopefully I am correct!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breathless

Hello All, what website(s) did you use to gather this information? We are looking into this resort and would like to know about the daily and nightly entertainment offered and whether or not there were topless optional pools or beaches.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breathless

Just google Breathless Punta Cana.

Mark

Phoenix, Arizona
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Breathless

I have. I guess I'm looking for more specifics. Like will they have an Entertainment Crew to do daily activities and get everyone involved? What about topless optional pools/beaches?

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breathless

It will be similar to other resorts with an entertainment team. They are the ones that perform in the shows as well typically.

It says on their website that there will be theme night parties at beach and pool as well.

As for topless optional well none of the other resorts are so I can only guess this would follow that. Some do on the beach but I don't think it is an option it is just people doing it. Typically it is frowned upon around the pool. I know at some of their other resorts it has specifically stated it by the pools that it wasn't permitted.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breathless

I was out there today and too some pictures that I will post shortly on my facebook page. Rooms from the outside appear to be complete, and work seems to be dedicated to the main lobby area.

I also came across the new (future) Ocean Uvero Alto, which is approx 1km south of Dreams Punta Cana. Right now they are simply filling the land prior to building, but expect a new resort there within the year. Can't say it is going to be the nicest beach...pretty rocky and rough surf.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breathless

At an adult only resort, on the beach, you see topless. Around the pool, it's rare.

This will be the first Breathless resort, so nobody has much info on it. It's part of AMResorts, so like Secrets, but less couples oriented. But until it has been open for a bit, you're not likely to get a lot of details.

Mark

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breathless

Mike, is this so you can get more Facebook friends? LOL