We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of rain...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montréal
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lots of rain...

I leave ( for Majestic Elegamce) and I am discouraged by the rain expected .... Hopefully we will see some sun.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lots of rain...

Hopefully we will see some rain...been calling for it for 6 months now...aside from this past weekend...not enough to fill a shot glass...although they called for rain almost daily. What happened? Could it be that internet tropical weather is notoriously wrong???

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike...in the dry part of the world!

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lots of rain...

What does the forecast say in Punta Cana? I have the same concerns regarding the rain forecast and am have travel protection so wonder if we should reschedule?

Montréal
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lots of rain...

Thank you. What is the weather today and for tomorrow?

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lots of rain...

the wether forcast for punta cana has been for years even when at the resort .rain amost every day of the week every week of the year.in reality it rained for 10 min the week we were there in feb. and thesame the 2years before.

even though its the begining of rainy seasn now .they are in a drought and in desprit need of many days of rain

Toronto
Level Contributor
732 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lots of rain...

I was in PC the week of May 15-22... It rained every day.. Though, it only rained for an hour here or there.. usually at 3 in the afternoon or over night or morning.. We had 2 days of mostly rain (which was a nice break from the sun) and then the rest was beautiful with a quick shower.

So.. all in all.. the weather is the weather... you can't do anything about it, so enjoy. However if it does rain, (it said it was to rain every day I was there, and it did) it mostly only rained for a short burst and then the sun was out... Prime Siesta time if you ask me!

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lots of rain...

We sure would trade you some rain for some sunshine. Here in Toronto we have had nothing but rain for the last couple of weeks!!! Last week they said we had a grand total of 9 hours of sunshine for the week.

We are leaving for PC on Friday and i sure hope there is lots of sushine while we are there as we are all water logged and need to dry out !!!!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lots of rain...

today we passed by my feeling of the Heat the Hottest Day of the year so far.

Incorrect,

we are NOT starting Rainy season any soon, we actually finished Rainy Season, and in a very Dry Manner.

people seem to confuse the caribbean Hurricane season with something such as a Rainy Season, very bad informed, as our summers(Hurricane Season) are the driest time of the year in case of Punta Cana, hot and humid and mostly very very calm.

how the weather will be tomorrow?

I have no clue,

but right now,

9:30PM Today,

still zero wind, zero waves, no palm leave moves, and it is still darn Hot out here on the veranda by the Ocean.

Happy travels

Mike

halifax canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lots of rain...

my bad i ment the beginniing of huracain season .i was there in rainy season and only 10 min aday or night if it rained at all .

ive been reading the reports of how bad the drought has been and continuing

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lots of rain...

yes, the dry period continues.

today we are again on super hot conditions from sunrise on right away.

zero wind, zero waves, no clouds in vicinity, and no change expected any soon, even that I can not predict what will be tonoght or tomorrow.

Happy Travels

Mike

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lots of rain...

I agree, we will trade you some rain for sunshine and warmth!