We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Ontario
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Just wondering what the dress code is for dinner at the Majestic Elegance, also in the club section. Are men required to wear closed toe shoes, with long pants? Also what do the women wear do they dress fancy or casual.

Thank you

BC Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Long pants with shoes or sandals in the al la carte restaurants. Last year we saw men wearing shorts is some and turned away at others. I was always in my bathing suite or shorts in the Club section. I wore shirts and a tee in the buffet.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

The club section of the resort is a lobby where you can find the computers and a few nibbles and outdoor the ppol and beach. There is no dress code at teh lobby or outdoor. Evrything is very relaxt there.

Restaurants have a dress code as Winter described.

I seen women wearing party dresses, long gowns but also cotton capri pants with singlets. You can dress up as much as you like with heels and not look out of place but if you do not fancy that than more casual atire is also not a problem.

Amy

Ontario
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Thank you for the info.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Women can wear almost anything and yep--guys need to wear long pants but again, it can be almost anything. They real just don't want folks in bath suite/shorts. Sandals are fine.

Cheers, Lance

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

no Guys,

that is not 100% correct.

Men need to wear Long Pants for the Gourmet Restaurant Only,

at all other restaurants Dressy bermudas are welcomed.

Yes, on average Women dress up Nicely for Dinner.

Happy Sunny Travels

Mike

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

Brother Mike--i was just there and they made me wear pants at the Steakhouse...

Lance

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

From their website:

Dress Code information related for all à la carte restaurants inside Majestic Resorts : long pants, poloshirt, shirts & closed shoes, thanks for your cooperation.

Exclusive for the MAJESTIC ELEGANCE CLUB ( Adults Only Section):

The restaurant Il Botaccio will remain open for Breakfast and Lunch, exclusively for guests staying at the Elegance Club (Adults only sections). Dress code applies.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

I saw on many ocassions guests specially at the Steakhouse, my personal fav restaurant, in nice ress Bermudas, and the same for the Buffet.

Myself I always wear long pants in the eve's anyways, doesn't matter it's a Hotel's Restaurant or my #1 restaurant here at Home with Chef "Mrs".

I remember also 1 ocassion when a customer been rejected from the Italian Restaurant last September, but to be honest with the Staff, those Shorts been "Shorts" and completely not appropriate to sit aside anybody for Dinner, some People's Tastes are just a bit "not appetizing".

the "Rules" at the Elegance are nice flexible,

and "Beachwear" is not appropriate for Dinner.

heck, I guess every Man has at least one pair of presentable Shoes which are not 2 Bucks Flip Flops from Walmart's.

and there are places in PC where even such is 'allowed'.

Mike

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

The italian also requires long pants for men. The hostess made one of the guys in our group go change bc he had shorts on and they were kahki shorts.

Edited: 03 December 2010, 01:06
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance - Dress Code

My family is heading to the Majestic Colonial over Christmas. I have 2 boys that are 10 and 12. Can they wear khaki shorts to restaurants or are pants appropriate for them too?