We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Ill be writing a review later but this place so far is top notch. We are staying in the Elegance Club Jr Suite. The room is great, the service here is great.

The trip from the airport to the resort was a white knucke ride but we made it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Aren't you glad you didn't have to do the driving?

Enjoy the rest of your week, its a great resort I so want a return trip there. Maybe next year.

Level Contributor
719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Southpawd, did you take the regular transfer or a cab or what? How long did it take?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

We took the transfer bought through Orbitz which is the Cocoa Tours transfer. Our driver was good, I would say that there were several other drivers that would pass vehicles with on coming traffic coming.

Then there were a lot of motorcylces that drive half the speed and it gets quite close when passing them and with other vehicles coming the other way.

The trip took about 40 minutes with one stop prior to our destination.

Quick reminder about the internet in the rooms, you either need to bring a broadband cord or you can give them a 10 dollar deposit and they provide one at the main lobby, they said they give it back once it is returned.

We bought the magic jack (internet phone) and it worked quite well for the internet speed that is provided. I would say its like talking on a cell phone some times it gets a little chopppy but is good for the most part and its better than paying the international rates.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Thanks for the update. Is the resort crowded? Hows the food and drinks?

We leave in one week from today....

Thanks,

Laxin

NJ
Level Contributor
302 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

We will be there on Monday. EC also.

How are they coming along with the Bali bed covers at the EC pools?

Level Contributor
719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Southpawd, thanks for your reply.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

I guy with the bali beds was working on them, as saw two that were completed. Not many people using them though.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Hi what's the weather been like?? we leave on sunday for 2 weeks and the forecast keeps saying rain and thunderstorms!!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Weather has been great. It rained for like 20 minutes at night while we were eating last night. It was sunny and hot today. It said scattered t-storms throughout the week on the weather.com when I checked before I left and have not seen any lightning. The water is that great turquoise color you see on the brochures, very clear, hardly any seaweed. The beach site is amazing.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at the Elegance May 7-13

Looks like they got most of the bali beds have been completed with the tops and side covers for them. The weather has been beautiful, dont believe the weather channel. Got a little burned yesterday with all the sun but not too bad. The service has been great.