We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Has anyone been to the new Majestic Elegance adjoining the Majestic Colonial? If so please post a review.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147293-d106824…

Planning to go there in Jan '09 thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

look at the post right under yours - its delayed again

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

I'm going Nov 30th - keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

yep saw that...just a minute before my post...thank you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
49 posts
4. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Get the Hotel to confirm free voucher and take the trip to Bahia. Thats a fair deal. But be warned, Bahia is HUGE and the walk form the Beach to Buffett is almost half a KM.

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Yeah, thats my plan if it doesn't open on this date. I will be emailing on Monday to find out if I can get that voucher. Although, I wouldn't mind if they put us in the Colonial. There are 7 of us still hoping it will be open for the 30th!

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Although we turned down the Bahia Ambar to take the Elegance - so we would be a bit disappointed. But, we'll make the best of it!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

Brad wrote: Bahia is HUGE and the walk form the Beach to Buffett is almost half a KM."

half a km is huge? that's about a 5 minute stroll, right? I'm confused. that's like a third of a mile, if I'm doing the conversion correctly...

Ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
8. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

imagine trying to figure out those conversions at the resort after having a few bevy's LOL

Orlando, fl
5 posts
9. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

i just called my travel agent after reading everything that has been said here, he in turn called the hotel to inquire what was going on and why if they were not going to be open to confirmed my reservation. I am supposed to be there Nov. 21st and they assured the travel agent that they will be open on that day and that there is nothing to be concern about, that they had some delays but that they will be open in Nov 16th. Not satisfied with that I send an email to the corporation directly asking for more answers, as soon as I get a replied from them I will post it here.

Montreal
Level Contributor
49 posts
10. Re: Is Majestic Elegance open as scheduled on Oct 2008?

My TA sent an email too the Reservations manager and I was correct there is an issue with the water. But its supposed to be fixed by the 21st.