We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

Hello All - I will be traveling to the Sunscape Resort mid October for my 35th birthday with my boyfriend and another couple. We upgraded to the Sun Club for a very reasonable price. As with all resorts - there are are always some rooms that are better than others. Looking to those of you who have stayed here in the past for your picks / advice on room selection. I would like to email the resort and put in a request for a "better" room given this is a special trip. Thanks in advance for your help. Any other tips/feedback you have is also welcome as this is our first time to this island and resort. Cheers!

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
541 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

Hey there. Stayed at this resort a couple of years ago. We did not wind up bookiing the Sun Club area but wound up staying right on its doorstep. From what we could tell the rooms are all about equal in quality. The area is built in a horse shoe design. The best views to be had are at the end of it. No matter where you wind up the beach is not far. No big deal there. The big plus side we noticed is you will wind up with likely one of the largest balconies you have ever had. Lovely island. Get out and about and have a grand time.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

We like staying in building 7- close enough to the sunclub beach area, but also closer to the main lobby.

Avoid building 2 - the tower, unless you are night owls. Between the mambo beach area next door and the shows at sunscape, you wont be getting to sleep early there.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
541 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

My advice. Stick to your guns. The resort likes to play the game of your requested room is not available. We booked multiple months ahead of time and we arrived got told the loud section 2 room was the only one available. Not the case. On asking the management to double check things a wonderful room was made available right away. Be cautious.

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

Hi there: I think we stayed in building 5 (right at back) last visit and would like an upgrade. You mention building 7. if one wanted to stay in that building, would you ask for deluxe gardenview or deluxe oceanview since some of the rooms would definitely have ocean views?

What was the bathroom like in building 7?

Looking forward to your reply.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
140 reviews
5. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

On my phone right now so can't look up. Definitely not gardenview. I think we book a sunclub deluxe ov Jr suite. My past reviews give the actual room numbers. Bathroom is small. Shower, toilet, sink with closet/hallway entrance.

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

I can find the resort may on the Sunscape website but can't enlarge it to see anything in detail (or numbers). So I still don't know what buildings people are talking about.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
140 reviews
7. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

try this

https:/…sucur-resort-map.jpg

flamingo and pelican are 7 and 8, royal tower is building 2. I don't know the numbers associated with Ibis, Seagull, Plover or Heron.

8. Re: Sunscape Curacao - Room Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2018, 05:17