We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

I had a tour of the new market that opens tomorrow. Take a peak at mt blog for details. It is called Van Den Tweel and is amazing. Finally, one stop shopping in Bonaire with a massive parking lot.

www.bonairecaribbean.com/blog_bonaire.html

Jewel of Bonaire
Gift & Speciality Shops
Littman's
Gift & Speciality Shops
Sk. Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Awesome! I am so happy for the people of Bonaire! Does this mean they will now have a way better selection than previously? So will I be able to not pack half of the stuff I was going to cart along with me? That will leave more space for other essentials... What will the meat counter have?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

I saw the butcher room in back..very impressive..the meat I believe comes from Texas..you will be happy..check out my photos

www.bonairecaribbean.com/blog_bonaire.html

Sk. Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

This store is huge and has it all! Prices seem decent. There is a row of fridges with salads, juices, etc. There is a deli. There are meat counters with quite a variety of cuts, some barbeque ready. There is a great selection of a lot of stuff, period. Also a large alcohol area with beer, wine, spirits. This is a dutch store so most of the items have labelling in Dutch. But it isn't hard to figure out. It's just to the east of the Warehouse grocery store, about 2 blocks up on the opposite side of the road.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
92 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

That is great - we will definitely pay a visit when we are there in Feb!! Quick question - does anyone know if you can buy Curacao (blue or other colors) liquor on Bonaire? Don't know if it is only available on Curacao or not. Thanks for the responses in advance!

Sk. Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Yes you can. Lots of colors and flavors. I got one that was a coconut flavor. Yum. You can get it at the new grocery store! Other places too, I imagine.

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
574 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Here's a question you might find silly...do they take Visa and Mastercard? We went to Nevis last year and as much as we enjoyed the trip, so many places (including the big grocery store) didn't accept credit cards. We found ourselves scrambling for cash all week because we didn't bring enough paper money.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
146 posts
7. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Not silly..Personally I haven't been there yet, but I can't imagine they would not accept credit cards. We've never had a problem at Cultimara nor the Warehouse with credit cards so I'm sure the same is also true with Van Den Tweel. Also, there are many ATMs on the island if you do need additional cash.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
8. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

yes to credit cards...the cheese shop is amazing...it's never busy and there's lots of parking..pricey (5.99 for a bag of spinach for example)....

Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Where is the new grocery store? In downtown?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
10. Re: New Grocery Store in Bonaire - One Stop Shopping Finally

Van den Tweel is on Kaya Industria near Warehouse and Top is where Cultimara used to be located.

Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations