We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

As me and my husband are working on our scuba certification I`m thinking of a reward once we get it ( after all we are 57 and 65 so we deserve it!!). I ended up planning a diving trip to Bonaire. We would like to combine diving in Bonaire and some birdwatching in Trinidad and Tobago but just don`t seem to find flights connecting these islands. So I would be very grateful for information of how best to get from Bonaire to T and T.

Pirjo

New England
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
296 reviews
1. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

I am hoping that caribchakita chimes in but you need to know that you will not find a direct flight between Bonaire and Trinidad. Check flights from Aruba or Curacao and then go from Bonaire to either of these islands. Also, as an FYI, there is some wonderful birdwatching in Bonaire should you decide to stay there for the whole time. You can contact Jerry Ligon at Bonaire Dive and Adventure for personal tours.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks Sue..Pipsano, what a fun idea. LIAT flies from CUR to T and T several times a week. Indeed it is possible! Those are two islands I have yet to seen. Do come back and provide us a trip report.

Follow your www.bonairebliss.com

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
134 reviews
3. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

Jerry is great..I am going birding with some clients next week with Jerry...he is a wealth of info and is great fun.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for advice! As we have received our certification now I am all busy planning the trip for next spring.

I had a stopover on the airport in Bonaire a couple of years ago and still remember the fantastic warm breeze at 3 o`clock in the morning when we came out of the plane. So am looking forward to returning.

Pirjo

Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
706 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

Pirjo,

I don't know if I'm to late, but just to chime in:

LIAT flies to T&T 4 times a week and Surinam Airways flies 3 times a week. (from Curacao)

www.liatairline.com

www.flyslm.com

There are many flights daily on DAE, Insel Air, Divi and EZ-Air.

www.flydae.com

www.fly-inselair.com

www.baibini.com

Benji

6. Re: Connecting Bonaire to Trinidad and Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations