We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Trip report

We stayed at captain dons habitat from Sept 15-29. We had a oceanfront room close to the pool. The bed was a bit firmer than we are used to but comfortable enough. We had a nice updated bathroom and a nice big porch. Our dive package included unlimited shore diving and 6 boat dives per week. We picked up some groceries and basically ate breakfast and lunch in our room most days and went out for dinner every night. We were quite satisfied with our room and the dive operation.

We ate at all our regular favourites Mi Banana, Julians, Divers diner, and the beach bar for one lunch at Lac Bay. New places we tried were Blue Garden where we went twice. Entrees may seem expensive but there is seriously enough for two. Service was great. Beer and burgers was very good and we also went to Captain dons rum runners twice. There is also a new food truck called Dash Kitchen that has awesome donuts and biscuit sandwiches. Only open on saturday and Sunday. Friends brought us a bag of donuts for my friends birthday and they definitely put tim hortons to shame.

Our friends rented through fairmiles where Rene picked us up and took us to their office. Drop off at the airport on departure was easy. Older trucks but no problems. In January i have booked Telerin for the first time but in the future i would consider fairmiles. I think the rate was cheaper.

Had to fly the dreaded insel. Almost always an adventure. Two days before we left they sent us an itinerary change of 15 minutes. We couldnt check in online but figured we would deal with that in aruba. Got to aruba and we werent on the flight but the young man at the gate worked hard to get us booked. Found out divi flew out about an hour before insel but it hadnt appeared as an option when we booked. We were told you can only book them a month in advance. Going home no issues at all and both directions we arrived at our final destination early.

Had some great diving trips. Saw my first frog fish, three sea horses, a huge green moray and got enveloped in a huge bait ball. During our night dive i saw a huge lobster. Probably two feet long.

Definitely a fun trip. Looking forward to heading back for six weeks in January.

9 replies to this topic
Pa.
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: Trip report

Thanks for sharing, where is Dash Kitchen?

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Trip report

It's at the north end where Kaya grandiose becomes kaya gobernador n debtor.

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: Trip report

Thanks! Is it easy to find?

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Trip report

Yes I actually saw the sandwich board before I saw the truck. It said tea and biscuits. They are on Facebook. Didn't have the biscuits but the pictures on Facebook definitely look yummy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
202 reviews
5. Re: Trip report

nice TR...Thx

Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the kind words, NanfromNaponee! Glad you enjoyed our goodies. Regards, Jennifer Strom, Dash Kitchen Bonaire

Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the kind words, NanfromNapanee! Glad you enjoyed our goodies. Regards, Jennifer Strom, Dash Kitchen Bonaire

Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Trip report

We were just there the last 2 weeks, and I give another nod to Dash Kitchen. The BEST cinnamon rolls, and the spicy chicken is out of this world... miss it already!

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: Trip report

Just ate there, everything excellent! So nice to meet you, Jennifer and the crew at Carib Inn loved their sweet treats:)

The other Kelli haha

Reply to: Trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations