We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Ashburn, Virginia...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Neither my husband or I are "good" at snorkeling, but we are considering giving it another try. Anyone with experience with either of these tour operators? Especially for timid snorkelers :-)

7 replies to this topic
Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
456 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

We did the woodwind the first year we went to Bonaire and my thoughts were that this was a fantastic trip for those who didn't know how to snorkel. There was a man on our trip that didn't do well at the first stop. He wasn't going to snorkel any more. I suspect he hadn't told Dee that he didn't know how to snorkel. She personally took him on one stop so he could see the turtles. I think especially if you don't have experience and you tell them they will make sure you get some help. They have loads of equipment. The other thought is to hire someone for a private off shore snorkel trip through someone like Renee or H20 Visions (Brenda). We have gone on night snorkels with each of these people.

Aquaspace I think will also have someone help anew snorkeler if you let them know.

Hope you have a great trip.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Definetly Woodwind. We did both Seacow and the Woodwind sunset snorkel trip and enjoyed the Woodwind experience much more. With Seacow, they had a snorkel leader and one trailer following the group, which consisted of all the guests on the boat, it was basically flipper mayhem. Woodwind had numerous individual leaders that each went out at spaced out times with groups of four or five people. Vastly better, especially if you are not a comfortable snorkeler. It didn't hurt that the location that woodwind selected turned out to be the best snorkel that I have ever had, and I've done a lot of snorkelling.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

I have never been on the Sea Cow so cannot comment one way or the other about it, but our two trips on the Woodwin, as experienced snorkelers, were excellent. The staff and the snorkeling were great. Plus, as a sailor, I appreciate the ability to hoist the sails and shut off the engine part of the time.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,599 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Dee on the Woodwind is excellent at helping/coaching beginning snorkelers. You will feel very comfortable on her boat.

US
Level Contributor
178 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Woodwind!

Ashburn, Virginia...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

We booked Woodwind!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
198 reviews
7. Re: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour

Well, most of ya say Woodwing. But we prefer Sea Cow...and especially their nite snork to Klein.

Reply to: Sea Cow or Woodwind for a snorkling tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire