We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming Beach

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
39 reviews
Swimming Beach

I do not snorkel. Looking for a nice beach where I can just swim and not kill my feet on the rocks. Any recommendations?

8 replies to this topic
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Swimming Beach

Donkey Beach and Te Amo Beach are both sandy, open to the public, and near the airport just south of Kralendijk. You can see photos of both with a basic Google search.

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,109 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Swimming Beach

Bachelor beach..might be another name for one of the above?? Also near the airport, large parking lot with a few concrete picnic shelters, food truck at lunch and stairs down to the water

Edited: 21 August 2018, 11:51
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Swimming Beach

Sorobon beach and Lac Cai. No rocks, no waves. Nice warm shallow water.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Swimming Beach

Thanks for the tips (although not my question I will take them to heart) are these beaches also child/baby friendly? :) (we will go to Bonaire next november)

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Swimming Beach

Sorobon is very much a child friendly beach. I often see young kids sitting in the sand or at the waterline playing and having fun.

Bachelor’s is not very child friendly, IMO. There isn’t much sand remaining on the beach, and the wave break can be a bit strong at times.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Swimming Beach

Thanks! We'll be sure to check out Sorobon!

Level Contributor
81 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Swimming Beach

Pay 30.00 and use the beach, M-Saturday, at Delfin. Pure heaven. You get a towel, water and a chair. Worth every penny.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Swimming Beach

Thanks but since we'll be staying 2 weeks 30 seems a bit steep to pay every day. Maybe we'll check it out once or twice ;)

Reply to: Swimming Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire