We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled flights

Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Cancelled flights

United cancelled this week's flight. If you are on the island you may want to rebook your return on Delta. I'm trying to get to Atlanta tonight from Houston and get to Bonaire on their Sunday flight. It's not even that bad weather here in Houston airport - just steady rain. I suspect United redeployed the plane for a more profitable route.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
12 replies to this topic
Houston
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cancelled flights

Yes, I made it to Bonaire a day late but very happy. Delta had numerous seats available both to Atlanta on Saturday and to Bonaire on Sunday. Key to success was insisting to get rebooked out to ATL on Saturday afternoon not first flight Sunday (which United proposed) and personally collecting my bags from Houston baggage carousel when they cancelled my flight. I took them to Delta counter to ensure they made the rebooked itinerary. I doubt they'd have made it otherwise. United resumed flights at IAH just in time for our scheduled return. Having the United and Delta aps on my phone also really helped know flight status and available.

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cancelled flights

Glad you made it Texas... I certainly hope your stay in Bonaire was more relaxing than your time getting there!

Edited: 11 September 2017, 16:41
Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Reply to: Cancelled flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted