We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
800 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

I am making my first trip to Bonaire soon and planning to stay at Harbour Village. I'm the only diver and we need a beach for my non-diving, beach-loving significant other.

I probably will rent a car but most of my dives will probably be with the onsite dive shop. I visited Curacao a few months ago and stayed at the Hilton... the reef at the Hilton (if you can call it that) was dead. The only thing of interest I saw diving there was a huge pile of liquor bottles. I did the rest of my dives with the Dive Bus, which I loved! It was a great way to meet other divers and to see other parts of the island and dive other reefs. Any thoughts or comparisons? Will I be disappointed if I do most of my dives at/near the Harbour Village with Great Adventures? Is there any company like the Dive Bus on Bonaire?

Is the beach at the Harbour Village busy with boats since it's on a marina? I don't mind a few boats but don't want to have to worry about them zipping by while just swimming in front of the hotel.

I currently have a ground floor room facing the marina at the hotel reserved since they couldn't guarantee a balcony for a courtyard, second floor room. I don't have to have an ocean front but does anyone have any knowledge about the difference between a ground floor marina facing room vs a courtyard room and which is more quiet or preferable, in general?

Ive wanted to visit Bonaire for years and am excited I will finally get to visit!

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
The Dive Bus
The Dive Bus
1,008 Reviews
Curacao
11 replies to this topic
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

you are very welcome. See you here soon!

Chris

Reply to: Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted