We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
807 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

I am making my first trip to Bonaire soon and planning to stay at Harbour Village. I'm the only diver and we need a beach for my non-diving, beach-loving significant other.

I probably will rent a car but most of my dives will probably be with the onsite dive shop. I visited Curacao a few months ago and stayed at the Hilton... the reef at the Hilton (if you can call it that) was dead. The only thing of interest I saw diving there was a huge pile of liquor bottles. I did the rest of my dives with the Dive Bus, which I loved! It was a great way to meet other divers and to see other parts of the island and dive other reefs. Any thoughts or comparisons? Will I be disappointed if I do most of my dives at/near the Harbour Village with Great Adventures? Is there any company like the Dive Bus on Bonaire?

Is the beach at the Harbour Village busy with boats since it's on a marina? I don't mind a few boats but don't want to have to worry about them zipping by while just swimming in front of the hotel.

I currently have a ground floor room facing the marina at the hotel reserved since they couldn't guarantee a balcony for a courtyard, second floor room. I don't have to have an ocean front but does anyone have any knowledge about the difference between a ground floor marina facing room vs a courtyard room and which is more quiet or preferable, in general?

Ive wanted to visit Bonaire for years and am excited I will finally get to visit!

Thanks in advance.

Save Reply
11. Re: Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

you are very welcome. See you here soon!

Chris

12. Re: Questions about first trip, diving, and Harbour Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2018, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire
Recent Conversations