We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
521 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

Is it really $25 per person? I thought that was per car until I read a recent post. That seems like a hefty price...

17 replies to this topic
Pa.
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

You sound like us, have a great time!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

Yes, I would suggest the two day schedule: go north on one day and go south on the other. Trying to put it all in one day just rushes things and you will be exhausted at the end of the day. Take two days and relax.

Adding Seru Largu to the northern trip is an excellent suggestion: you can see all the southern end of the island from there and will have a better idea where you will be going the next day.

When you head for the south loop, if you get a fairly early start, go on the southern (water front) road toward the salt mountains and salt pier first. Work around to Lac Bay for lunch/refreshments. Note.. there are two windsurf outfitters at Lac Bay and each has an associated restaurant and beach bar. Some people like the food at Jibe City better, but the tables/chaires/shelter at Bonaire Windsurf Place are better. In either case, you'll be eating with your feet in the sand, if not in the water.

If you have taken the water route, past the slave huts and lighthouse on the way to Lac Bay and have some time left and want to have a good chance of seeing some flamingos..... When you exit Lac Bay/Sorobon and get back on the "main road" to town, go about 1/2 mile and take the road to the right. Follow it around (you won't believe the curves, take it slow) until you get to the road that will be marked for the Mangrove Kayak tours and/or Lac Chi. The road soon turns into a durt/gravel "road" and there will be a wet area to your right. We frequently see flamingos relatively close to the road here. If you keep going on this road you will eventually end up at Lac Chi which is the other side of Lac Bay from where you were at Sorobon.

Mentioned in this post
Lac Bay
Lac Bay
903 Reviews
Bonaire
Jibe City
Jibe City
375 Reviews
Bonaire
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Pa.
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

We are going to have to drive over there one year to try lunch. I always hear people talking about it.

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
386 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

Boka onima is worth taking a stop at too. The caves and the pictographs and just that different view of the ocean. Doesn't take long but we found it cool. Definitely do sera largu as others have suggested. There was a new view point of Rincon that was nice too.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
upstate,NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

As cool as the park is. If your restricted on time. Just a drive south of town checking out the Salt Pier and slave huts. Then continue on and go to Jibe City.It famous for windsurfing. Have finkendellen to snack. It's a dutch treat. You can swim there too.

Heading back to town head towards the Donkey Sanctuary. It's a shortcut back.

Mentioned in this post
Jibe City
Jibe City
375 Reviews
Bonaire
Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire
Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire
770 Reviews
Bonaire
upstate,NY
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

Great suggestion on going past 1000 steps first. Lac Bay can then be a stop on the way back. We stay for a week at a time and split it as we have time.

Mentioned in this post
Lac Bay
Lac Bay
903 Reviews
Bonaire
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
130 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee

My opinion (for what its worth), skip The Rose Inn for lunch while in Rincon. Food was just OK but the price (for what we got) was beyond ridiclous. Of course, there was no menu & we didn't ask the price so, to some extent, our own fault. Just know I'll never go back& certainly won't recommend. Maybe OK for a dtink but ask the price first.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Reply to: Washington Slagbaai National Park - Entry Fee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted