We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
41 reviews
Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

I know this may be a contradiction, but I'm looking for the best compromise.

We are a group of Canadian couple, in Bonaire for a day, off a cruise ship. Some want to lounge on a sandy beach, others want to snorkel.

What is a good place?

thx

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
198 reviews
21. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Chiefie...Thank you for the tip on the Plaza :-) I'm checking if Divi has one too.

https:/…day-pass

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
133 reviews
22. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Divi is about 5 min closer to town as well. Bari reef is nice for diving, OK for snorkeling, but I think it is better snorkeling probably than Plaza....but I think Plaza might have better amenities/beach.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
41 reviews
23. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Great info... thanks Snorkeler-6

WIBS - perhaps you can tell us about Divi day passes?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
198 reviews
24. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Hi Chiefie. I haven't heard back from them yet but if/when I do, I'll post it here. :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
198 reviews
25. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Hi Chiefie. I never heard back from Divi but saw the Q&A section on TA from 5 months ago with info from the property management team.

* Limited number of day passes on first come first serve basis.

* $10 adults. $5 kids aged 3-9

* "Provides access to south pool, beach, beach pier, restaurants, cabanas, public areas and toilets"

* No drinks, meals, discounts or towels included

Edited: 23 August 2017, 09:24
Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
452 posts
57 reviews
26. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

Here is another spot I thought of. We went their for dinner late one night and it's kind of cute. They had loungers and beach access. A bar and restaurant https://m.facebook.com/Windsockbeachbonaire/

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
153 posts
22 reviews
27. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

I'm going to chime in late and agree with those recommending Lac Bay. It's beautiful and peaceful. We always lunch there at least twice during a dive week. Plus, you'll get to experience the Southern part of the island as you drive along the coast to get to Lac Bay. By staying (for the day) at Plaza or Divi you'll miss the true beauty of the island (in my opinion). I'd recommend renting a vehicle and making the drive down South yourself so you can stop along the way at the slave huts, salt piles and "driftwood sculpture garden" (entire southern coast).

Edited: 24 August 2017, 17:11
upstate,NY
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
28. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

As a snorkler. We get a water taxi to Kline Bonaire $15.00 pp.roundtrip.

No facilities but,tell the taxi you want to do a drift. You can drop towels, highly recommend a soft packable cooler with water off on shore. Then they take you further away to jump off and snorkle drift back. Aprox 1 1/2 hr. It is fabulous.

upstate,NY
Level Contributor
45 posts
14 reviews
29. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

As a snorkler. We get a water taxi to Kline Bonaire $15.00 pp.roundtrip.

No facilities but,tell the taxi you want to do a drift. You can drop towels, highly recommend a soft packable cooler with water off on shore. Then they take you further away to jump off and snorkle drift back. Aprox 1 1/2 hr. It is fabulous

Plus non snorklers can enjoy the sun&sand.

30. Re: Which beach combines BOTH nice sand AND good snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire