We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety staying on Paynes bay

NM
Level Contributor
969 posts
safety staying on Paynes bay

We might rent an apartment on the beach at Paynes bay, Is there any area we might want to avoid. We are three women. Thanks.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: safety staying on Paynes bay

You should be fine - take sensible precautions as you would anywhere!

Kent. UK
Level Contributor
852 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: safety staying on Paynes bay

My daughter spent two months at the Smugglers Cove Hotel (now demolished) on Paynes Bay. Had no problems and came back with life long Bajan friends and now a god daughter!

As Scary says just take normal commonsense precautions as you would at home.

south east
Level Contributor
967 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: safety staying on Paynes bay

I have stayed on Paynes Bay many times, and never had a problem. There was a robbery incident last year near Sandy Lane, so I was cautious when I first arrived at Christmas (not walking alone or wearing jewellery). However, as time passed I forgot about it and just had a great trip. Back at Paynes again now and thinking of going for a jog on my own shortly - don't feel the least bit threatened - there are some great regulars and locals around Paynes. As others said, just be sensible. I always tell my daughter not to go off on her own when the sun is going down and we don't tend to go on the beach in the dark unless there is a party of us. Frankly, I wouldn't do that anywhere! Have a great time - you will enjoy it, the beach is stunning!

NM
Level Contributor
969 posts
4. Re: safety staying on Paynes bay

thanks! I had read reports of a group of people that did crack and alchohol that lived on the beach, so wasn't sure.

5. Re: safety staying on Paynes bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish
Recent Conversations