We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Waves - Drinks

ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Waves - Drinks

Hi

Sorry for another Waves question - seems to be a lot on here but I have read through the forum and cannot find the answer to this !!

Can anyone who has been to the Waves tell me what type of beers are provided under all inclusive and also what brand of rum and vodka?

Thanks a mil

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Waves - Drinks

I think its Banks - local brew for beer. Sorry cannot tell you brand names for spirits from the Bar, but the small bottles in the fridge are branded.

All very nice regardless!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Waves - Drinks

I am sure they have most well known brands...rum will be local (which in my experience is some of the best in the Caribbean if not the world) brands...Mount Gay, Cockspur, Old Brigand, Doorlys....I have no doubt they will have Absolut, Smirnoff etc. so I am sure you will recognize it.

The local beer is Banks which is a lager, but you will probably get Heineken, Carib and Piton which are all Caribbean and all good.

Their website actually says:-

Quality food, exotic cocktails and fine wines. If we don’t stock the brand you want, we’ll source it for a small up-charge. The Waves experience is all about you.

So I'd say nothing to worry about.

Enjoy!

Edited: 05 September 2010, 23:12
ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Waves - Drinks

thank you for your response

derbyshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Waves - Drinks

mount gay rum is the bajan brand for rum drank with cococola and lots of ice mmm can't wait for our holiday in march

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Waves - Drinks

Can't remenber what the brand of Vodka was but it tasted ok!........ I do remember that the label was rather colourful and had a tropical theme!

When i was at the Waves in June the Rum was Cockspur to my suprise.

They also serve Champagne from the bar, or rather ' Brut ' which is rather the same thing ......... but as i didn't pay Champagne prices who am i to complain !

Love the Banks Beer so no complaints there

6. Re: The Waves - Drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2011, 06:45
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish