We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

What boats are available and do you have full access to them?

many thanks, Emma

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

They have Hobie Cats, if you are experienced you can go out on your own, otherwise one of the Beach lads will go with you. They also have canoes (I think).

Edited: 03 August 2010, 15:54
Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

Oh that's great :) thanks x

Kent. UK
Level Contributor
624 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

The Hotel has a hobie cat, included as part of the all inclusive package. It only has a mainsail with no boom so very easy to sail and relatively safe. The beach guys (Bruce or Kelly) will gladly take you out for a sail or teach you to sail. Really good fun and reasonably fast in the usually good steady easterly breeze, perfect for sailing up or down the coast. You can take this hobie out by yourself provided you can assure beach guys you are a competent sailor.

Also usually available for hire is a Hobie 16, the classic beach hobie with the 'bannana' hulls..

This is available to hire with a skipper (Captain Peter) who offers cruises with up to four passengers. Lots of options ie to a beach bar, see the turtles, snorkel on a wreck or reef etc. Alternatively go out and ask him to go fast, you will be amazed how fast these sail boats go! Seeing flying fish explode out of the sea in front of the hobie is common.

Again if you are a competent sailor Peter will allow you to helm and is excellent company on a sailing trip!

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

Just seen your reply Paul, thank you :o) Getting very excited!

5. Re: Sorry my husband has a question too re sailing at The Waves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish