We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean 15

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
ocean 15

Hi All.

Help needed!!!

Thinking of booking ocean15 in January.

We have always booked ocean front hotels but like the look of this hotel.

Questions.(sorry a few)

Should we book 1 bedroom to S/C or studio and eat at hotel?.

How far to nearest beach and price of chairs etc ?

Is this hotel is near Turtle Beach?

Any grocery stores nearby?

Any entertainment in hotel?

Many Thanks

Bets

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
484 posts
1. Re: ocean 15

Not sure what type of room you should book, but thre beach is a 3 min walk chairs are $5 bbados,across from turtle beach hotel,grcoery store a 1 minute walk..great hotel nice and clean.

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: ocean 15

Thanks BAJANT

Our only concern is not being ocean front.

However the price and the location seem ideal.

We will keep our options open for a few more weeks.

Defo coming to The Island in January.

Thanks again

bets

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: ocean 15

Book 1-bedroom as they are quieter than Studio room on nights whilst entertainment going on in bar.

Entertainment (when I was there): Thursday night jazz, Friday and Sunday night karaoke.

Food very good and inexpensive for breakfast, lunch and supper

Turtle beach is closest. Walk directly south through alley beside Dover Beach Hotel.

Dover Beach better option imho. Follow Gap road to right after exiting Ocean 15. Lots of places to purchase cheap od and drinks and rent sun beds/umbrellas.

Dover Market is closet grocery store (en route to Dover Beach), about two minutes away.

I've stayed there a couple of times. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4. Re: ocean 15

The people who run Ocean 15 are lovely, as well. And they have a great coffee bar now too. The beach by Turtle Bay is rougher than Dover beach (the surf). I think you can maybe buy a pass and use the amenities at Turtle Beach, but I never did. Early morning went to Turtle Beach, then headed to Dover later and rented the chair and umbrella. Lovely.

5. Re: ocean 15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Barbados