We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
69 reviews
What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

For those who have (or still do) lived in Barbados or had visits what is your favorite memory (if you could only pick one) of your experience in Barbados?

Mine would be Old Years eve 2001. A group of us from the Embassy and some of our Canadian friends rented a Catamaran for the afternoon/evening. We sailed up the West coast and anchored off just north of Sandy Lane. We ate, drank, danced, swam with the turtles and then watched the fireworks from 5 or 6 different hotels from the water. It was so amazing and romantic.

That was back in my dating days so I'm looking forward to taking the new hubby and making some equally wonderful memories with him very soon.

Smithers, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Sitting on the beach one day looking out over the water and I started to cry, I was thinking this place is so - so perfect what did I ever do to be this happy !!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I do that at home with my hubby sometimes! I just feel so blessed. Barbados is a blessing as well...so I can relate to that.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
3. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

For me it would have to be 3.30pm on 30th April 2008, the moment I walked across the beautiful grounds of Blue Orchids, Worthing and prepared to say "I do" to my then fiance. My wedding day was the most perfect day of my life so far and because of this Barbados holds such amazing memories for us. So much so that we have been back each year since to celebrate our wedding anniversaries and intend to keep going back. For us, nowhere else even comes close to comparing!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Tough question - so many to choose from!

I think that seeing turtles hatch on Dover Beach is way up at the top of my list - all under the most amazing full moon which then slowly set over the water.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

It is a very difficult question, and it' s hard to choose just one. It would have to be on our first visit to Barbados when we walked into our room at the Coral Mist, and all I could see in front of me was the absolutely gorgeous Caribbean Sea. It was so close and so beautiful, that it took my breath away!!! We had never stayed anywhere were we were so close to the water, I will never tire of that view. Thanks for asking the question....it bought back many lovely memories, can't wait to return in Jan.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

I grew up in Barbados then lived there briefly later on as an adult. So, I think that I have waaaay to many memories to list here.

Btw, great thread!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Oct 2008, went to Barbados for a week. Reserved for dinner online at the Restaurant at Southseas for my b-day. Get a call at the hotel from the restaurant, it's the Barbados Wine and Food Festival and they have a visiting chef from Raffles on Canouan Island, would we like to enjoy his 5 course menu, $150 bds/person? SURE!! This is my third visit to Southseas (so very sad it is now closed) and I always admired the glass salt and pepper cellars they have on the table. Well, following an outstanding meal, the waiter arrives with dessert, and a wrapped package for me, and says happy birthday!! It was one of the salt and pepper cellars, my friend had contacted the restaurant in advance and asked if she could purchase one for me, of course they obliged, I was touched by my friend's thoughtfulness and I now have one of these lovely glass art pieces of my own!! Then if that wasn't enough, just as we were finishing dessert, a turtle nest hatched on the beach right below us!!!

So many other memories, but that one really stands out for me:)

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

Ah great memories all! I agree it's hard to pick just one. It took me some adjusting when I first moved there when it came to the laid back life. Being a military woman I'm used to everything happening on a schedule and being 15 min early means being on time. Once I got in the swing of things I decompressed and those were the happiest three years of my life. My subsequent visits have also produced fond memories, a few that make me a bit sad but my life is on such a wonderful path now that I really look forward to arriving there on Sunday and creating new wonderful memories with my amazing husband.

st. croix us virgin...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

keep us posted about your upcoming trip and maybe you could do a trip report. where on the island will you be staying?thanks for the great post.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: What is your favorite memory of Barbados?

You will most certainly get a trip report from me. We arrive Sunday and we will be spending a week at the Little Arches Hotel. I've planned a Helo tour with Horizon, catamaran trip with Silvermoon and a private tour of the south and east coast with Glory Tours (Sarah). Our anniversary dinner is planned for the Tides and we will be having a no-host reception at Berts with some of my old friends from the US Embassy. I've already got my diary set up so I can keep note of the little things I want to share so I don't forget anything.