We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or bus?

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
taxi or bus?

have been given a price of £36 return to west coast from airport how does this compare to a taxi transfer?

trinidad
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: taxi or bus?

Taxi rates from the airport depends on how many people are traveling, the amount of luggage and whether its a car,a seven seater or a minivan.

I was quoted us $17 from the airport to Dover,but instead ending up paying $25 because the driver had a mini van. On my return we took a 7 seater which cost 20

for the 4 of us with 4 suitcases and hand luggage.

Dover is just 10 mins drive at most.The West coast might be 15-20 mins.

However if you are traveling light, the blue bus and ZR vans are very cheap and efficient. 1.50 Barbados

per person is the best deal.

Maidenhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: taxi or bus?

That is about 117 BDS$ ...seems OK to me for a return

Put taxi fares into search box for loads of info

How many of you??

How much luggage - can you carry it easily???

Which part of the west coast?? ...big difference between say Fitts Village and Speightstown

There are buses ( 27??) that go from Airport to Speightstown other wise you may have to change in Bridgetown ...journey time to Speightstown is about 80/90 mins

Cost = £.50

Barbados
Level Contributor
44 posts
3. Re: taxi or bus?

From the airport to Port St Charles which is about as far up West as you can go, I'll pay $60 USD ($120 BDS) each way and I'm 1 person in a SUV. Assuming you're a few people, prices shouldn't exceed this unless you have tons of bags, 6+ people.

The cheapest way is taking the bus but man, after a long flight I just want to hit the beach!

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: taxi or bus?

Thanks for all the replies we are going with the taxi get me to the beach quicker yipeeee!!!!!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: taxi or bus?

From the airport to West Coast (Holetown) should be about BDS$80 and would take 40mins approx.

6. Re: taxi or bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Barbados