We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

birmingham
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Flights and 7 nights here..on offer...

would you go ???

Flying from the uk to barbados for 7 nights...

Let me know if this is worth taking up..

my first time in carribean and i want to be able to chill, enjoy a drink or two and go out in the evening....is this the right place

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

You don't say when this is for, but it sounds like a reasonable deal to me - is it AI?

Bear in mind that generally, flights from the UK are about £500-600 if you buy flight only.

I don't know the hotel as I've not stayed there, but take a look at reviews to get an idea of what it's like.

It's not far from the Gap, so you'd be able to go out of an evening for dinner or drinks quite easily, as well as other places that are closer.

Personally, I wouldn't do a package deal as I like to have an apartment etc and not a fan of hotels in general, but if that's what you like on a holiday, it sounds like a good enough deal to me!

I'm sure you'd love Barbados, it's a great place.

birmingham
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Yes this is all inclsuive deal per person.

i guess the location, beach and this island in the carribean is all TICKED for me...its just the hotel

ive seen mixed reviews...but i guess its full of british people as 80% occupancy is controlled by virgin holidays etc. but this does not bother me as im going out of school season so there should not be many kids or families around...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

I think a lot of reviews that are "bad" are because expectations were too high. There also seem to be things that I would consider being picky, bear in mind comments about service levels - this is the Caribbean and things move at a slower pace!

I've just had a look (out of interest) at this hotel and it seems the usual price out of season is around £1200 per person for a week so it's a good deal!

Go for it! Remember, the hotel is just where you are based, it's a great island with so much to see you may not even be there very much!

Have you checked any non AI deals? That may be even cheaper and you then wouldn't worry about being out and about and having to spend money when you've already paid being AI.

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Who is the tour operater and whattime of year ???

sounds a very good deal

betty airdrie

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

It's Virgin Holidays Betty!

Surrey
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

I'd go for it :) We are going there in Oct half term and paid £2400 for 2. We have got club rooms though.. Yours sounds a good deal. Do get out and about though. You are next to Oistens and a short distance from the gap. I think there are some Rum houses nearby if you just want a drink outside the hotel after dinner.

uk
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

sounds ideal to me :) we have stayed at Butterfly Beach hotel - Sea Breeze shares the same beach - lovely soft sand, small waves (in Jan) short walk - 10-15 mins to Oistins and a 5 min bus/taxi ride to the Gap where there is lots to do in the evening or a 15 min walk to the Gap along the beach in the day. Plus just a few mins walk away is Pablo Dantes and Charlies Bar - ideal for a drink or two in the evening - plus a couple of other bars that are sometimes open.

Haven't stayed at Sea Breeze but before the refurb and allinc status have called in there for a drink - seemed a decent place with friendly staff.

London, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

I'd go for it too, we've paid a lot more than that to go for 10 nights next May (I think May is peak season though, someone might be able to correct me if I'm wrong)

birmingham
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

im wanting to book it.....but the wife is making me wait....i think i might just book it

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Sea breeze for £800 with flights.. DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Go for it!!!