We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

Roslyn Heights, New...
9 posts
been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

see above. we are staying at the Fairmont Southampton. If so, specific advice on what beaches you recommend and how to get there from the hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

I don't think so. Between the Fairmont beach and Horseshoe you are in good shape.

You can also walk beyond Horseshoe Bay and through a series of coves reach Warwick . Depending on tide and surface conditions, there is some rock climbing and swimming in the surf...

USA
Level Contributor
30,428 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

>>>been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches<<<

'..Worth it..'?? You can't be serious ??....It'd be damn near a a low-crime or high-misdemeanor not to visit other beaches in Bermuda if you have the opportunity...and if you don't have the opportunity...create it.. As noted, the approx one(1) mile stretch of small, semi-secluded, rock-crenellated coves and beaches situated immediately to the east (to your left as you face the ocean) between Horseshoe Bay--Peel Rock Cove, Butts Beach, Middle Beach, Wafer Rocks Beach Angle Beach, Hidden Beach, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove--and Warwick Long Bay...nd a bit farther afield from here--Church Bay to the west and Astwood Cove, Elbow Beach farther to the east.

In so far as "..rock climbing and swimming in the surf.." is concerned...Yes there are some rocks that you might have to scramble over or wade around...but nothing especially difficult if you are in average (average being slightly out-of-shape) physical condition...and if not, there are walking paths through the dunes and along the clifftops at the backs of these beaches that you may walk along and access most of these same beaches from behind....with absolutely spectacular ocean and south shore views all along the route (pack a picnic lunch and pick any one of dozens of wonderful spots along the way.

Roslyn Heights, New...
9 posts
3. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

Thanks for the advice.

Edited: 23 August 2010, 14:25
Roslyn Heights, New...
9 posts
4. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

Thanks for the advice.

Edited: 23 August 2010, 14:26
Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
86 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

I have been a Horseshoe fan for YEARS! But in May, I went to Church Bay for the first time and I could have cried for not discovering it sooner. Probably the best snorkelling from the beach I have EVER done, except in Jamiaca where I could swim out to an actual reef.

Tobacco Bay is also worth it for relaxation since there is a cute snack bar there with beer, etc. But you can't go wrong with any beach on that island!

baltimore
Level Contributor
797 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

So many beaches- just get a Bus map and explore- Tobacco Bay a bit of a haul- but great snorkeling

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

There's an actual reef at church bay as well!

8. Re: been to horseshoe- is it worth seeing other beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2011, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish