We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

Has anyone stayed recently at the Pompano Beach Club? We are thinking of going late April for our 35th wedding anniversary. I'd love some of your thoughts on the food and wine. I read someplace we could bring our own wine for a special occasion dinner. Anyone know if that is true? Do they have WiFi in the rooms?

2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

The Reefs Vs. Pompano Beach. No contest. The Reefs is the best. The views are much better, the staff is great! Pompano is older and grayer. We have eaten at the Pompano and the food could not compare to the Reefs. High tea on the outside deck is heavenly! We also liked the fact that we could order a bottle of wine and if we could not finish it, they would cap it for us for the following evening. As far as heavy equipment and cranes, there is only one care and it certainly will not disturb your vacation. It's too special a place to miss. PS: The Reef's has WiFi.

USA
Level Contributor
30,341 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

I'm NOT certain (most dining rooms on Bermuda prefer that you order from their house Wine List, as you can certainly imagine) but I'm pretty sure that the dining room at POMPANO BEACH CLUB would try to accommodate your 'special occasion/request' to bring a special bottle (a particularly significant.special wine or vintage??) along with you. They might apply a small 'corkage & service' fee, though. At the same time, they could accommodate your 'special occasion' request...wihtout having to field questions from other guests who might want to bring their own 'jugs 'n boxes' to the dining room with them.

BUT...it is a fairly simple matter to contact the management of PBC (or any property you decide upon) DIRECTLY with your request, the reason for your request ??

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

We have stayed at the Reefs twice and the Pompano five times (as of this coming week). I agree - hands-down, the Reefs has the best hotel beach on the island. But the rooms are small, we found the staff (especially the front-desk staff and even some of the dining-room staff) either grumpy or "put upon," and we rarely saw anyone middle-aged or younger. On the other hand, the Pompano's staff is truly open and friendly and the Lambs go out of their way to make your stay exactly as you want it. You can take an unfinished bottle of wine back to your room, if that is what you would like to do. The food is sometimes slightly better at the Reefs (and I emphasize sometimes); although, unless you eat at 6pm, they usually run out of the specials; and the menu doesn't change much day-to-day. Otherwise, we find the food comparable (understanding that you are not going to get 5-star food anywhere on the island). So: For our money, we recommend the Pompano. We miss the Reefs' beach, indeed...but it isn't worth the stuffiness, small rooms, and attitude.

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

Thanks so much everyone. We have not made a decision yet but your input is greatly appreciated.

5. Re: Info on Pompano Beach Club Requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Southampton Parish