We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railroad trail location

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Railroad trail location

I am staying in Warwick near Warwick long bay. I am a runner and braved running on south rd today. But I really like to do a long run on the trail tomorrow 14 miles. Where can I access it?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Railroad trail location

I doubt whether you can do 14 miles on the Railway Trail. It's not a continuous trail and some sections are not in very good condition. I'll leave it to any runners reading this who can suggest the best sections.

USA
Level Contributor
30,330 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Railroad trail location

>>>...But I really like to do a long run on the trail tomorrow 14 miles...<<<

Depending in where you are located in Warwick PARISH, you can access the BERNUDA RAILWAY TRAIL-- http://www.bermudarailway.net/ --at various places. But as noted above, the BRT is not '..continuous..' so your best bet for the longest run will be from east-to-west--from Warwick, west toward Dockyard--for an approx. 10 mile stretch to MANGROVE BAY.

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Railroad trail location

Kdsail where do I access that 10 mile stretch? I am in a neighborhood in Warwick off south rd up Warwick lane. Thanks so much for both of your feedback. I am training for Chicago marathon :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
4. Re: Railroad trail location

This is a running web site with routes and a map which could point you in the right direction.

mapmyrun.com/us/nantucket-ma/warwick-lane-ra…

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Railroad trail location

Thanks Tony :)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Railroad trail location

There are a number of different routes mapped out on this website. If you don't want to sign in, click on Discover then Find Routes and then change U.S.A. on the form to Bermuda. No need to enter any other details.

Thanks Tony B, interesting site.

USA
Level Contributor
30,330 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Railroad trail location

>>>...Kdsail where do I access that 10 mile stretch? I am in a neighborhood in Warwick off south rd up Warwick lane. Thanks so much for both of your feedback. I am training for Chicago marathon :)...<<<

From a WARWICK LANE (map reference G-12) location, you can access a fairly long, mostly continuous stretch of the BRT (heading west toward Dockyard) by heading roughly north, uphill, along up either KYBER PASS ROAD (G-12) or SPICE HILL ROAD (F-12). You can follow the BRT west all the way to its western terminus near MANGROVE BAY (just behind the Somerset Police Station). I'm pretty sure that with the exception of a short stretch to get across SOMERSET BRIDGE, this entire stretch is off-road. The total distance would be approx. 9-10 miles. If you ran the entire length, you could connect to the #7 public bus route for the ride back to Warwick Land/South Road....or you could take the #7 bus to the stop near the Somerset Police Station, then do the run in reverse.

USA
Level Contributor
30,330 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Railroad trail location

BERMUDA--Handy Reference Map--

gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAn…

9. Re: Railroad trail location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2016, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Warwick Parish