We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find Bermuda rentals?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I'm looking for rental listings for 4+ bedroom houses on the island. I've visited bermudarentals.com, but there are not a lot of properties listed with 4 or more bedrooms. We are getting married at Astwood Park next September, so we'd like to be near that area if possible. We also have friends and family traveling with us, so accommodations are needed for several groups of people. None of us have been to Bermuda before, so we need all the help we can get!

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Try to look at some of the local real estate agents websites.

Coldwell Banker: http://www.bermudarealty.com/

Rego Realtors: http://www.regorealtors.bm/

These are two of the top realtors on island. If you want more, I can look in a phone book and see who else might deal with vacation rentals.

**My cousin used Coldwell Banker to rent a house here one time and had a good experience with them.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Thanks for the websites...I will give them a look. Do you live on the island? We are looking at having our reception dinner at Lido. What's your opinion of the place? I've read mixed reviews. Our planner recommends it, but I'd like a second opinion. Any other suggestions for a good reception spot? What should we do while we are on the island? i don't want to miss anything spectacular.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Ooh, good question, I am not a huge fan of Lido, but some people love it. Who is your planner? What time of year are you getting married? That may sway my opinion of where to recommend.

In the meantime, have your planner look at Splendido (owner is Angelo), Fourways and Aqua at Surf Side. I got married in Bermuda in May 06 (and yes, I live on the island), and we had our reception at Surfside (the restaurant was called something different at the time). All of those are close to Astwood, and I would suggest long before I looked at Lido.

Another option, also on the same property as Lido is Seahorse grill. I love going there for a meal, and it is a fabulously cozy place, but if you want outdoors, I don't recommend it.

Let me know also how many people are joining you for your wedding. I may have other ideas based on that as well.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

That is what I was afraid of...I read a lot of reviews that said it was overpriced and poorly served.

We are using Bermuda Bride. I've been happy with them, but they were unable to suggest any lodging options. Some of our family are staying at the Clairfont apartments. I read nothing but great reviews and they are so reasonably priced. But, I'm unsure where to stay myself. I looked at the resorts and hotel and rentals. Just having a hard time deciding since i've never been there. We are getting married Sept 17. Right now we are at Astwood Park. My fiance doesn't want to get married on the beach, but we do want to overlook the water. The planner suggested the park. What do you think?

As far as a reception restaurant, I don't mind paying $60-$75 a plate for a good meal. This is a special occasion, and I know prices are higher on the island than what we are used to at home. What's most important to me is good food/service and great views of the ocean. That is why we picked Bermuda in the first place...the water.

So, I will happily listen to any advice you would like to give...

USA
Level Contributor
30,330 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I've never been a big fan of the Little Venice restaurant concessions at the Elbow Beach Hotel...but for a private wedding reception, you will most likely be dealing with the Little Venice '..Catering..' menu as opposed to the regular dinner menu and this may make a substantial difference.

In any event, the LIDO locations, with large windows looking out over the long strand of Elbow Beach and ocean is wonderful.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I think Bermuda Bride has a great reputation and does a great job. You should be in good hands!

Astwood Park is a lovely choice for a wedding venue. I went to one there in 2007, and it always makes me smile when I drive by and see a wedding happening there...such a beautiful place! Very memorable.

If you go to Lido for your reception, you will be dealing with the restaurant...not my first choice. The catering arm of the group that runs Lido, Mickey's, Little Venice, Fourways, Harbourfront, etc is actually pretty good. Here is an idea--you can have a tent set up at Astwood Park, and have the catering folks set up your meal right there next to the ceremony site. If you go that route, you need to call them at 441.295.3021 and ask for Tim Ritchie to assist you. (Tell him Robyn Larkin sent you.) Tim is a good guy and works hard to do a great job for his clients. Not sure what their prices are, but you also need to remember if you go this route, you will need to rent chairs, tables, table cloths, silverware, glassware, etc. But it can be a great option from the other restaurants.

I really think Splendido--which is basically across the road from the Elbow Beach complex--might be a great option. They have a terrace by the pool that also overlooks the south shore. The actual restaurant is upstairs in the building, also overlooking the south shore. And best part, in the event of rain, they have indoor options as well. Call Angelo at 441-239-7411 to speak to him about it. He has great ideas on how to make your wedding a very special and memorable event.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Thanks! I looked up both Splendido and Aqua Surf Side. Both had great reputations. What do you think is the best resort to stay at in regards to price versus what you get? Surf Side looks nice and is reasonably priced.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
63 reviews
8. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I think that the better place to stay of the two may be Horizons and Cottages, where Splendido is located. They offer bed and breakfast style accommodations and are very 'old Bermuda.' The places at SurfSide are rather dated, but the management there is very helpful.

Either restaurant would be great for you--I have found both places extremely accommodating for various get togethers I have hosted.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I just received an email from Horizon's...very reasonable rates! Most of the reviews I've read have been very positive. I think this may be the spot we pick for our stay! Thanks so much for your recommendation.

So, my other question is: what do we do while we are there? I know my fiance and some family members will want to play golf. I love the water...will we still be able to swim in mid September? Snorkeling anywhere? Sites to see?

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
63 reviews
10. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

You are within walking distance to Elbow Beach, both the public and private beaches. There is a water sports stand at Elbow Beach (private beach) where you can rent snorkeling equipment and other items for the beach. Also, I think Horizons still has beach privileges with Coral Beach Club--so you can walk there as well. There will be tennis courts at Coral Beach Club, too (not sure if there are any at Horizons), and there is a beautiful pool at Horizons.

You are also very close to the #7 bus route, so you have easy access to getting around the island. Heading west at the blue pole (bus stops are labeled by either pink or blue poles--pink always heads into Hamilton, blue always heads away) across the street, you can go to other beaches along the south shore. Church Bay has great snorkeling and is only about a 20 minute bus ride away, at most. At the west end of the island, there is Dockyard, where you can swim with the dolphins, go helmet diving, parasailing, etc.

If you go to the pink pole and head in towards Hamilton, you can see the main city for shopping, evenings out, etc. You can also catch the fast ferry to Dockyard or St. George from here. If you transfer buses at the bus depot in Hamilton and continue heading east, you will eventually end up in St. George, an historical town that is the site of the first settlements in Bermuda-- 400 years old!

In addition to the golf, you may be interested in a nice spa day to relax for your wedding. Elbow Beach Hotel has a fabulous spa. I also enjoy a treatment at the Fairmont Southampton Princess (Willowstream spa) where you have access to the gym, steam room, sauna, indoor pool, hot tub, etc if booking a treatment of $100 or more. When I go, I make a full day out of it, and enjoy lunch around the pool! It is a nice idea especially if the guys go to play the 18-hole par 3 golf course on the hotel grounds.

The water temps in September are usually 80+ degrees. In fact this year, we had 80 water temps right up until this past weekend. It only just dropped to 79 degrees!

Hope that helps.

Get answers to your questions about Warwick Parish