We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

Hi! We'll be staying at Marley beach in the end of October. Could someone tell me if the new store is open yet?

USA
Level Contributor
28,372 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

Not sure...but when I drove past the new, sunshine yellow building in mid-July, it appeared more than ready (all except for actual groceries on the shelves) for it's planned openning sometime during August.

It's a somewhat 'odd' building for a supermarket. Unlike most supermarkets, where one enters directly from the street/parking level, this building has a full-width covered 'front porch'...with an 'entrance stair'. In the absence of commercial signage and the addition of some landscaping and a lawn (instead of painted lines on an asphalt parking lot) it could easily appear to be a large, Bermudian 'manor house', with several large modern 'picture windows'...rather than a commercial market.

In any event, the taxi driver that takes you from the airport to the rental units at the old Marley Beach Cottages property will probably know if the new Arnold's Market is open or not when you arrive. If not, then you can always have him stop at the MODERN MART on the South Road so that you can pick-up a few 'staples' quickly to get you going.

I'm surprised that the owners of 'SAND PEBBLES' studio/'SEA SONG' 2 bdrm.apartment cottage (Diana Martin-- diana1@vermontel.net ) wasn't able to give you the information??

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

Thanks KDK! Yes, I guess I could have asked Diana, but I didn't have her email at my fingertips (thanks for including it). Wow, the new Arnolds sounds almost "quaint."-at least not your typical supermarket.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

I haven't been by it in about a week, but it was NOT open at that time, so I am guessing that it is probably not open now, either. A grocery store about 5 years in the making...

4. Re: Arnolds grocery store on South Rd in Warwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Warwick Parish