We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best options from airport to hotel?

Montrose, PA
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
Best options from airport to hotel?

Hi,

What options are available to get from the airport to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess? My daughter arrives about 9pm on a Friday.

Thank you

USA
Level Contributor
30,411 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

If she is travelling as a 'single', then there is a shared shuttle service, offered by CEO TRANSPORT-- https://www.limobermuda.com/limobermuda/ --that she can pre-reserve. The flat-fare (no tip for the driver included) between the airport and the Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel is $15.

The regular taxi fare would rum approx. $30...so for two(s) passengers or more, regular taxi works at least as well or for less

But if you really want the "..Best option.." then prearrange an airport pick-up by CEO's discrete, long wheelbase, Lexus LS460L sedan...approx $125 per hour.

Montrose, PA
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

She is traveling with her boyfriend. I will pass this information on to them. I know they arent interested in the shared shuttle service. They took that option once on another island and it took much longer for them to get to their hotel. Thank you so much for your response.

USA
Level Contributor
30,411 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

Since adding the not-so-minor-detail of a second(2nd) passenger...then an ordinary taxi, from the regular taxi rank that waits at the exit doors from the Arrival termial at the airport is the way to go. The fare between airport and Hamilton Princess should run approx. $30 plus an official $1 per bag surcharge. The taxi ride should take approx. 25-30 mins.

For the taxi ride to Hamilton the '..short..' route usually runs along either North Shore or Middle Roads (depending on traffic). But the '..long..' route around Harrington Sound, through Tucker's Town, to the south shore and along the South Road is well worth a couple of extra bucks in fare for the 'mini-tour' and scenery along the way.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

We just booked with CEO Transport for Shared Shuttle Service between the Airport and the Hamilton Princess and it was $10.00 per person each way.

How much should we "Tip" the driver ?

Edited: 08 July 2011, 16:25
USA
Level Contributor
30,411 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

The typical sort of tip for the service might be nothing...$1 per bag (more if they're especially large, heavy bags)...or 10% of the fare...or some other amount...depending entirely on the dictates of your own usual tipping custom & practice.

Montrose, PA
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

KDKSAIL......Thank you so much for the much appreciated advice. The taxi sounds like the way to go. I apologize for not mentioning my daughter was not traveling alone....including that information would have been helpful.

7. Re: Best options from airport to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:18