We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car or 4-wheeler?

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car or 4-wheeler?

Hello!

First timers headed to DIVI all inclusive in December for 8 nights. Doing some research we are planning on renting a car to travel around the island while stopping at beaches, Hoodiberg, etc. However spoke to a friend who stated that it's cheaper and more convenient to rent a ATV to do this. My question would be to anybody who has does this or has any insight, is it legal to ride the ATVS on roads in Aruba? And do people actually do it..thanks for reading!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car or 4-wheeler?

My very personal take on this:

ATV's are very dangerous to drive on the road. Yes, they drive around Aruba on the roads, it seems legal (I don't know for sure, I have just seen plenty around).

The only time you need an off road vehicle (4x4 or ATV) is if you want to go to the natural pool. Car's are the best way to go IMO. They are about 1/3 of a price of the a 4x4 and you can go pretty much anywhere with them.

We rented a car for 2 weeks and one day we rented a Jeep to go to the national park/natural pool.

But again, that's just what we felt comfortable doing....

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car or 4-wheeler?

I agree. I would not rent an ATV...mostly because its so hot out. I cant imagine driving around without air conditioning. And you only need the 4WD to go to the Natural pool. A car will bring you everywhere else (including in Arikok National Park, just not the natural pool).

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car or 4-wheeler?

Makes sense. Now that I think of it, it would be easier/safer to keep personal belongings inside a locked car while at the beaches. Just like the idea of cruising around Aruba on a ATV! More than likely we will spurge on both ha! Thanks for the input guys

4. Re: Rental car or 4-wheeler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad