We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers - what do I pack?

6 posts
Save Topic
First Timers - what do I pack?

We are staying at the Renaissance in a couple weeks with our 2yo. I have no idea what to pack!! The weather forecast says hot but I've heard some people saying the wind actually makes it feel cooler. Anyone been recently w littles? What 'layers' did you use day and night??

Thanks!!!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

Its hot. The 'cooler' felt by the wind is not enough for a sweater or sleeves. The wind just keeps the air moving. Not sure where you live, but pack like its summer in the South.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

No need for layers in Aruba. Even when there is wind, it's HOT. No wind, it's unbearable HOT. Exception is if you got to much sun

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

The only time you need a sweater is for air conditioning. Even walking around in the evening you don't need a second layer! With a little one you probably want to have a long sleeve cotton shirt to protect his/her tender skin! Pack lots of sunscreen and a hat too! Enjoy your trip.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

I would look for spf swim attire for your little one, plus a hat and sunglasses. Have fun!

Rockaway Park, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

Have been to Aruba many many times. At most a light cardigan for air conditioning and even then you probably won't need one. Lots of beachwear, Dinner is very casual in most places. My husband has never worn long pants once. sandals, flip flops never closed shoe.

Missouri
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

A soft sided small cooler. We stop by the grocery store and buy water, beer etc. Then we load it up and take to beach or pool. Can koozie, waterproof case if you are going snorkeling. My husband puts our car keys and his drivers license in it.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

Make sure you pack lots of sunscreen, a hat, and long-sleeved swim shirt for your 2 year old.

Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

It's been raining, raining, raining. Supposed to rain all week

9. Re: First Timers - what do I pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations