We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Aruba

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 Days in Aruba

Hello!

My mother and I will be first-time visitors to Aruba in mid-May, spending about 5 days total but will lose one full day to travel to and from the island. Wondering if anybody has a good itinerary that I could base my plans off of. We want to lie on the beach, see downtown, do a little bit of hiking, and eat some good Caribbean food. Any suggestions as to what fits well in a day together? How many beaches you can fit in a day, etc? We are not sure where we are staying but hoping to be close to Eagle beach.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

First thing you need to do is figure out a place to stay and then from there you can determine whether you will need a car rental or not.

My suggestion, since your time is limited, it to opt for a place on Eagle Beach or Palm Beach so your beach days will be easy (no car needed.)

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

Mid May this year or next year?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

Mid-May this year. In about 3 weeks

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

If I stay by Eagle Beach, is it worth it to trek out to other beaches such as Arashi? Should I skip over Renaissance island ?

5. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 April 2016, 16:30
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

Renaissance Island is only available to those staying at the Renaissance. Non-guests can pay $100/person if you want to spend the day there.

Some beaches are good for snorkeling like Arashi, Malmok, and Boca Catalina. Really depends on what you want to do....

Might be hard to find a room on Eagle Beach at this time since the hotels are smaller and you're leaving in a few weeks. You might have better luck at the larger hotels on Palm Beach.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

To clarify, we will not be staying at a hotel. We are going to do an Airbnb and there are still many rooms available. We have found several by Eagle beach, just have not settled on one yet. We will do that today, though. I know Aruba trips "should" be planned months in advance, but unfortunately not everybody has the luxury of knowing when they are going to be able to get away for a week. I am happy to have found this much time in my schedule and I intend on taking advantage :)

We do not have much interest in snorkeling, we'd rather just dip into the ocean and lie in the sun. We also want to do some sightseeing (should we hike the mountain?), downtown, and experience Caribbean cuisine. So I am just wondering if anybody happens to have a good order to do a couple of those things (example: my friend told me I should do Baby beach and the Balashi brewery together as a day trip because they are close together). Thanks for all your help!

Edited: 27 April 2016, 14:14
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

Well if you only have 4 days and you arent staying right on the beach, I would skip the Balashi Brewery. Maybe go to Baby Beach, but its not the best beach IMO. Its far away and they roped off the part where the fish are. And its so shallow that its not great for swimming. But I've been there a bunch so I feel like I've seen enough of baby beach to last me forever. I personally would want to maximize beach time and just relaxing, especially since you only have 4 days. I would be planning 3 beach days and then maybe a 1/2 day in Oranjestaad, or maybe a day on a boat. you can visit Palm Beach and all the stores up that way at night.

The mountain isnt much of a mountain. I'd skip that too. I just feel that with such a short stay, if you spend the time running around and seeing stuff, you will feel exhausted and like you had no time to just chill.

I'm going in August for a week and the only day I plan to spend all day not on the beach is the day I will do the Tranquilo. My husband might drag me downtown for a few hours too, but I feel like in order to make my vacation seem as long as possible, i just want to lay under my palapa, read and take swimming breaks.

I also wanted to add that I recently rented a place in Aruba on Home Away and it was my first time not staying in a low rise hotel. Make sure your place has beach chairs so you can take those with you to the beach. Also, you'll have to get to the beach early if you want any chance of scoring some shade. Thats whats nice about hotels, is the shade is right outside your room so you dont have to motivate quite so much.

Edited: 27 April 2016, 15:55
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

That's very useful thank you for the info. I like to get a little action in so maybe we'll hike the mountain on an early morning and spend the rest of the day on the beach. I was going to ask if the natural pool is recommended for such a short trip but I feel like the general response I'm going to get is to save it for a future trip. I've read it can take up a few hours.

Can you only reserve palapas through hotels?

Edited: 27 April 2016, 16:51
Pittsburgh...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Days in Aruba

Is the snorkeling area of Baby Beach roped off permanently?? We are going in July and always enjoy snorkeling there...

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations