We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

customs back in usa

Youngstown, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
customs back in usa

recently booked a trip to aruba with a layover in charlotte sc...upon return i know you have to go back through customs and immigration..my layover is about an hour before my connecting flight to akron canton ohio...will this be enough time? Does anyone know if there is a way to alert my flight attendant upon arrival so i dont miss my connecting flight (this happened to me coming back from jamaica).. any info would be appreciated...I land in charlotte around 7pm

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: customs back in usa

You clear customs in Aruba, no worries. Make sure you get to the airport 3 hours early to go thru the entire process, you probably wont need the 3 hours, my last trip it took about 40 min.

Edited: 21 January 2016, 01:16
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: customs back in usa

U.S. Customs is handled at the Aruba Airport. So once you land in Charlotte the only thing you need to do is go to your gate for your connecting flight. Just make sure you get to the Aruba Airport 2-3 hours (depends on day of week and month you're traveling) before your departure when you leave Aruba. The process (Aruba immigration, U.S. Customs, security, etc) can take a while.

Youngstown, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: customs back in usa

Interesting...i always had to go through customs when you land in the united states...although in this case i am glad i don't have to since my time is limited once i land...thanks for the info!

Boston...
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: customs back in usa

Returning from Aruba? They've had US Customs and Immigrations preclearance there since 2000 when the new terminals opened. Prior to that you cleared US Immigrations on the island and US Customs back in the US.

The US offer preclearance from several countries now.

Canada:

Calgary

Edmonton

Halifax

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

Vancouver

Victoria

Winnipeg

Caribbean:

Bahamas - Freeport

Bahamas - Nassau

Bermuda

Aruba

Ireland:

Shannon

Dublin

United Arab Emirates:

Abu Dhabi

Aruba
Level Contributor
29 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: customs back in usa

Yes it makes it very easy, they treat your flight as a domestic flight!!!

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: customs back in usa

you clear customs when you leave Aruba in Aruba. Nothing more to do when you get on your plane back to the states.

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
804 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: customs back in usa

We made it through the entire process in 40 minutes yesterday.

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: customs back in usa

2.5 hours yesterday. Saturdays are bad due to all the Sat to Sat timeshares. Very slow, long lines, go through Aruba customs, security, US CBP and then another security checkpoint. Don't cut it short or you will miss your flight to the US.

9. Re: customs back in usa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations