We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

Tennessee
3 posts
Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

I'm leaving for the Tam on Jul 25th. I think I want to stay in Building 1700 thru 1900. I was wondering If there are a lot of rocks in the ocean? All suggestions on best beach & ocean conditions by building will be appreciated.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

due to mother nature thay all have a nice sandy beach..last years storms dumped a nice amount of sand down there

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

ArubaLisa has just been there (maybe still is), she will let you know how it is I'm sure.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
541 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

1900 building has no rocks at all in front of it JUST BEACH , its just a few steps to the Bunker bar as well , there are rocks ( small ones ) in the ocean so i would advise you wear beach pumps or similar , if you want a calmer bit of sea then haed up past the divi and around the next bay is a very calm ocean just waiting.

Greater Boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

We are in the 1200 building, there is a 2ft strip of rockiness in the water, but after that it is fine

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

Our next door neighbor last week in the 1300 building had sensitive feet so she went out and bought a pair of water shoes. If you are in doubt bring them...

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
223 reviews
6. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

Jmatt, we were in the 2300 block in July 2007 and loved it. You could jump over the "owie" part. The beach was pristine at that end of the resort. We are going back on the 28th, maybe we'll see you there!

7. Re: Rocks in the ocean at the Tam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations