We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

Pasadena, Maryland
3 posts
Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

I am traveling to Aruba next week for the first time and the forecast for our entire trip looks like clouds and rain. I am so worried! Can anyone put my mind at ease?

22 replies to this topic
Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
492 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

The forecast always shows rain. Ignore it. Passing showers usually occur at night or early in the morning. They are very quick. The weather will be fine. Enjoy.

Pasadena, Maryland
3 posts
2. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

Thank you! I am getting on my husbands nerves at this point because I am so worried!

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

if you are looking at weather.com you should stop right now - it is completely inaccurate for Aruba.

When we were there accuweather was almost spot on

Manitoba
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

Tropical Storm Kirk will pass North of Aruba early next week, may just be bringing a bit of rain with it.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

I also will be in Aruba for a day next week. I am concerned about hurricane Kirk. Keep an eye on it

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

Chance of clouds and rain can mean anything from a quick early morning shower for 5 minutes, to an overcast and rainy day. But Aruba gets very very few of them because fronts move in and out incredibly fast. So rain and clouds are sort of their default setting. So have no worries, at all.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

We are here now and had one torrential rainfall thunderstorm since we arrived a week ago. Saying that we were back on the beach in the afternoon, and it has been hot everyday. It has rained durothe night but that’s fine. Even when it is cloudy you still tan which can be deceiving. Don’t worry about the weather at all.

We are here for the next week too and will not be happy to go home

Delanson, New York
1 post
1 review
8. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

I heard there is major beach erosion. I saw pics of ABC resort.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

There was some rain for most of yesterday morning but things cleared up early afternoon. Just a constant drizzle though. No one was on the beaches early. The beaches are definitely corroded. None of the beaches have been really packed since we have been here though and the are lots of people vacationing. I would hate to see what it looks like during high season. I don't like crowds. There are plenty of other things to do though. Think happy hours and pools. Honestly I've had a great time all week.

Edited: 04 October 2018, 13:43
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
173 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(

There is a reason why the Caribbean is cheaper during the fall

Reply to: Aruba Next Week and Forecast looks bad :(
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations