We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Aruba

Kansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
First time to Aruba

We are planning a trip to Aruba and haven't seen too many recent postings. Would someone be wiling to give us some advice on the best hotels on the beach--we might prefer something a little more intimate, but an all-inclusive would be fine, too. We'd like something close to restaurants--within walking distance. We are planning on traveling at the end of July. Thank you for anything information you could share with us. Thank you!

14 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
460 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: First time to Aruba

For the best hotel on the best beach check out Bucuti. Boutique hotel with about 100 rooms. The beach is the star, often referred to as the best stretch of beach on the island, there is the pool that is relatively small but really good for a quick cool off dip. The beach has plenty of chairs with umbrella's so you don't have to fight for one. It is adults only so no kids. Not an all inclusive but it does have a very good breakfast buffet included. It is close to restaurants like Twist of Flavors, Ricardo's, Ikes, Chop House, Eliotti's, and of course Pizza Bobs. Red Fish is within walking distance too. You are also just a quick cab ride away from the High Rise hotel area that has dozen's or restaurants to choose from. We made the mistake of going to Bucuti the first time we went to Aruba and now we book our room for next year before we leave.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 21:13
Kansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: First time to Aruba

Thank you so much. I had seen this hotel and was actually looking in to it when I got your reply. I appreciate your quick response. Have a great day.

Kansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: First time to Aruba

Do you book your reservations through Expedia? The times we are planning to go says they have no rooms available. I contacted the hotel directly and am waiting to hear back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
460 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: First time to Aruba

We always book through them directly or through their website bucuti.com

I just did a quick check and it looks like they have plenty of availability for next July

Edited: 20 September 2018, 22:01
Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
223 reviews
5. Re: First time to Aruba

I suspect because Bucuti is small, intimate and popular, you won’t find much availability through booking or third-party sites. Larger hotels use them to fill rooms. Bucuti doesn’t need to.

Wallkill, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: First time to Aruba

Definitely Bucuti going back for our 2nd visit. Stayed at a high rise hotel. No comparison. High rise was crowded and the beach was dirty and smelly. Bucuti is intimate and personal with lots of private space and beautiful clean beach.

7. Re: First time to Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2018, 21:05

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
76 reviews
8. Re: First time to Aruba

Favorite is the Hilton. The Hyatt is pricier and I think the Hilton has better value though. Holiday inn is full of kids. These hotels are walking distance to all palm beach restaurants. Bucuti is gorgeous but expensive! Not close to palm beach restaurants. But it is the most intimate, adults only resort. Breath-taking beach that is so wide!! U can’t go wrong with Aruba.

Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
66 reviews
9. Re: First time to Aruba

The very small hotel MVC Eagle Beach is right on the beach where it is less crowded. They have their own beach service with palapas available to guests. There is a restaurant on site and a few others nearby. The Renaissance is downtown and not on the beach, but there are quite a few restaurants on site and nearby. When you stay at this hotel you have free access to their private island with protected coves and beaches.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
86 reviews
10. Re: First time to Aruba

Stayed at MVC four years in a row. Location can't be beat. Very basic hotel but clean and comfortable.

Reply to: First time to Aruba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations