We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Construction

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Airport Construction

Hello. My wife and I travel every year to Aruba on Air Canada from Toronto. Last year there was a lot of airport construction going on and they parked us quite a distance from the terminal and used buses to get us to and from the aircraft. Does anyone know if the construction is completed now and Air Canada is using the main terminal? Thanks ahead of time

5 replies to this topic
Stamford CT
Level Contributor
166 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Airport Construction

We were there last November and there was no construction that we saw flying back to the US.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Airport Construction

are you talking about Aruba or Toronto airport ?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Airport Construction

Aruba

New York
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Airport Construction

We arrived in Aruba in April and departed in May. We saw no construction at the airport. It is cheaper for the airline to park their planes further out than to come right up to the airport.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
530 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Airport Construction

There is a new hotel being constructed at the airport. Also, there was some work inside the terminal - some new stores and restaurants. There is a big project being planned that will include new gates. That will take years to complete. There are times when all of the current gates are full causing some to deplane away from the terminal. I think it is more due to many planes arriving near the same time (Sat 12-3pm).

Reply to: Airport Construction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations