We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

Atlanta, GA
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

Im going to Antigua in late April or early May. I was going to stay at Galley Bay but after reading all the reviews of "red flags" at beach most days Ive decided against it. I do like the size of the resort, price and accomadations. (cottage with splash pool)....Do you have any suggestions as to a place similar?

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

Have you looked at Cocobay? Some of the cottages there have plunge pools.

Atlanta, GA
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

None of the rooms have plunge pools and I have a concern about security. Comments concerning this are a bit disturbing and I wont relax if I have to worry about my walk back to my room after dark....Any more suggestions?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

I think you may be confusing Cocobay (and some of the rooms there definitely have plunge pools) with Cocos - though you should have no concerns at either now.

However, the water at Galley Bay that late in the season is fine. It can get a bit choppy during the January/February swells, but is rarely a problem by the end of April.

Atlanta, GA
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

Would you happen to know which seafront rooms at Cocobay have plunge pool that have lots of sun and privacy as well as an unobstructed view of the ocean ? Ive seen posts about room 10, 12 14 and 15....Ive not seen a map of the property so its hard to pick

Edited: 04 March 2012, 12:46
suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

From what I remember all the rooms at cocobay with plunge pools had unobstructed view of the bay . All reasonably private ,with a bathroom door you can open and watch pelicans diving in the sea as you have your morning shower .

…photobucket.com/albums/…12092009026.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…anttigua2009059.jpg

Andy

Edited: 04 March 2012, 21:43
6. Re: Calm waters at Beach and Small Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about St. John's